News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Václav's addons - development discussion

Started by Václav, May 19, 2013, 10:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

All your complaints and praises on my objects for this pakset write in this topic  :), not in topic Next vehicles or so  :-[ - to keep them free for only addons.

Don't be afraid of me  ;).

Graphics for my the first ship is almost finished. You can see it in attachment. But my problem is with capacity and so on.

Please, help.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

An_dz

A very nice oil ship, but I think the contrast is too high. The ship hull is too dark,

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on June 01, 2013, 06:02:32 PM
I think the contrast is too high. The ship hull is too dark,
Hard to say. I tried to keep reality in this case.

It is based on Sirius star.

Hull is also quite dark. But top is a bit darker than top of Gigantea Liquida.

But it may changed later - after final release.

Václav

So, may it be that someone noticed in else boards that I began creation of open coal mine that would look very real.

Mining machine is almost complete. You can see it in attachment. Its shape is based on KU 300.

There is needed to create some additional machines - before creation of mine, itself.

An_dz

Oh, I love them. A perfect shot of our engineering. Really nice idea.

Václav

And here it is a little corrected and full.

But what you mean with our?

An_dz

Václav

Could you explain it? I am a bit confused with it.

But may it be you thought humankind - people.

Making of mine will take some time.
Currently I create one of two next machines to previously created mining machine.

In Simutrans, when buildings with more than one directions are created, there are created only rotated (surely, in case of classic buildings it is right), but slowly created open coal mine will have a bit differefent face in that other face.

An_dz

Quote from: Václav on June 28, 2013, 08:11:06 AM
But may it be you thought humankind - people
That's the right word. You got it.

Quote from: Václav on June 28, 2013, 08:11:06 AM
open coal mine will have a bit differefent face in that other face.
Just remember to use a transparent ground, so it can blend with any climate.

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on June 28, 2013, 09:28:42 PM
Just remember to use a transparent ground, so it can blend with any climate.
I know about it.

This discussion is so boring when only me and you talk here about development of my objects. I would be a bit happier if somebody else join to this discussion.

And in attachment is next machine for that mine. That machine is for creation of dumps of materials extracted out of land, mostly of non-coal materials. But for purpose of needed simplicity, it will create piles of coal.

Edit: due to used link to image of machine became wrong, I deleted it.

Václav

Current bug in rotations of extension buildings brought me to remake one my older project of train station building from pak128 to pak96.comic - because, as I found, pak96.comic has not any good four rotations extension, if it has any.

So, pak96.comic will get at least two extensions - this and modern.

In attachment you can see one preview - in south-to-north direction. It will get also some windows on central part, of course.

But don't worry. Simple food chain, marketplace with its suppliers, will be finished. Problem is only in that I don't know how much suppliers to create.

I thought about seven - for seven goods. But it could be too many.

So next idea is 3, 4 or 5. Two of them (fish pond, rabbit farm) are ready. In progress are spice farm and (new) vegetable farm.

Václav

It is not pleasant you are silent about my addons, in any part of their development. So I don't know what would be good to improve, excepting advice by Alex Brose (advice given on Google+).

So, I would like to ask you for greater comment activity. And of course, comment only here, in this topic.

In attachment you can find test version of small station extension building.

Intro year: 1900
Level: 10
Size: 1*3
Allows to transport: all (passengers, post and cargo)

Building seems be a little greater than larger similar building that is already present in pak96.comic. But I decided to set its level (number multiplicating base number, 32) relatively low, quite corresponding its purpose, to be village station building.

Suggested changes will be accepted or denied after finishing next station building.

Fabio

Quote from: Václav on November 12, 2013, 06:42:01 PM
It is not pleasant you are silent about my addons, in any part of their development.

They all seem very nice :)

Just I'm way above my head with Pak128 to comment also the other paksets ;)

Václav

Oh, thanks, Fabio ... but opinion of one person does not help much, even if it is opinion of person like you.

Most (not all, of course) of buildings are based on real ones I know, mostly from my village and some other near villages. And trains, are, of course, also based on real ones too. But in both cases it may be difficult to say what is base for that object, even if I would say what is base for any object.

Flemmbrav

just because we don't know your village ;)
your Buildings aren't bad!
eventually they need some details, but at all they are really good!

Václav

flemmbrav,

you can see name of my village in my G+ profile (where, in list of photos, you can see few photos of my village). It is small village, used mostly for summer recreation. But queue of people permanently living there is slowly getting to be greater.

I know, rooves need to be textured. Alex brose told me it on G+.
May it be that some more details are needed, but un-textured rooves are main problem.

Flemmbrav

I know, that I would found some picures of your village at G-...
but I meant, that we don't know the buildings like guys woh live there...

which programm are you using for your arts?

Václav

My village is mostly recreational seat, with agricultural industry around. Only few people live there permanently. So diversity of people characters change from season to season. And local people know each other.

CorelDraw (base works) and GIMP (eventually, finishing works).

Flemmbrav

by using gimp you can fill something with your clipboard, so you only have to create a small texture and put that into your clipboard ;)

Václav

... I might add GIMP is not my friend. My abilities of work with it are not great.

All I do with GIMP is assembling of some buildings from images of parts prepared in CDR - and deleting of wrong pixels. In this way I prepared transparency for windows of unfinished building of head station for pak128.

And preparing of any texture with this way is, of course, possible - but how to save it for later re-using?

And by the way, this station building needs else colours for side parts. But what?

On image with number 576 you can see detail of face.

Flemmbrav

wow, quite nice ones!

I never safe textures, because next time I allways think, the old one isn't good :D

I just modified your really good station building, hope this will be OK :S (I normally never do something like that, but this time it will bee the the best way to explain :( , of course I delete it faster you can see, if it won't be okay!)

what I did:
anti aliasing (just paint with a 50% dot)
playercolored roof
use our (OK, my) new station design (high and colors)
add template
tryed to build a east side design....

finally, what about the central part of the building?

Václav

flemmbrav,
I told about need of else colour for side wings - because, even if there is black outline between central part and western wing, still there is risk of invisible border between those two parts.

But later I made wings green - for this time. Still, windows are not much highllighted, as is needed.

Thanks for roof of central part. But change you did on base, is nonsense. Because dark stripes on base desk belong to side walls of base. On hidden place (it is hidden by buildings) of northern side of base, is quite large access ramp (see the first attached file). So, strange slope you did on northern side,  And texture on earth level is probably useless because in main zoom (of pak96.comic) it would not be (well) visible - because it is too small.

Václav

Test version of large station extension building.

Neons on roof of central part is instead classic sign with name of station. And in one direction it is done wrong. So, these neons will be replaced to base - and changed. And those blue constructions on side wings, in east-west directions will be re-coloured.

Intro year: 2000
Level: 20
Size: 1*5
Allows to transport: all (passengers, post and cargo)

flemmbrav,
your idea of roof in player colour is good, but not usable - because in some options, it could give a very strange face, on combination with basic face of building.

Vladki

Middle station building

look at the roof of left and right (3-floor) building, it looks funny - the front edge does not have the same slope as back.

Václav

It is caused by roof ridge has else length than side edges. It may look comic, but it is based on real world, even if it is not so frequent on so large buildings.

This element may be seen also on similar building in pak128.CS (that is by me) - but there it is not so visible.

CZ: Vladki, střecha má na všech stranách stejný sklon. To co ty vidíš, je způsobeno tím, že hřeben střechy je o něco delší než je délka střechy na stranách (tam, kde by měly být okapy). Může to vypadat komicky, ale je to velmi častý tvar střechy - leč možná ne na takto velkých budovách.

Ale tenhle prvek jsem použil i na podobné budově pro pak128. Jen tam není tolik viditelný.

Václav

Recently I published corrected (in topic Next player (railway station) buildings, see last post - there are attached also source files also for large station building, not only of warehouse you could notice) source files for large station building and also warehouse.

Large station building has new rooves.

In attachment you can find pak files of both buildings called above (if you are lazy to do that by yourself) - and preview of new face of roof of middle station building. I hope that this new one if better.

Václav

Test version of next station extension, addon for set of middle station building - wooden toilet cabins.

Because own building is quite small, I placed around two flower beds - with (you can think that flowers are) tulips.

Level: 1 (because it is only small addon to station building)
Intro year: 1900
Retire year: 1975
Allows to transport: passengers

Each bed (in all four rotations) has flowers of different colours, but not fully - colours are repeating.