News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Next player (railway station) buildings

Started by Václav, November 16, 2013, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

Large station building

Size: 5*1
Level: 20
Intro year: 1975 (because building is not so modern to intro year should be in 2000)
Allows to transport: passengers and post (I decided that cargo will be allowed by warehouses)

In attachment are all four needed files - uncut, cut sheet, icon and cursor and dat. Behind link on heading is archive also with original source files.

Any opinions and comments write (including various changes of graphics, if needed) in topic Václav's addons - development discussion.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Václav

Middle station building

Size: 3*1
Level: 10
Intro year: 1900
Allows to transport: passengers and post

In attachment are all four needed files - uncut, cut sheet, icon and cursor and dat. Behind link on heading is archive also with original source files.

prissi

You rooftop is very uniform. Maybe you could use a little texture for a nicer roof (even take something from the existing builds and alter the color?)

Also stations tend to be around for a long time, so the almost all started with oven heating in each room, i.e. had a lot of chimneys. The two you have look really tiny.

But otherwise a nice building.

Václav

If any part of any building needs to be improved, it can be improved.

What about to read all posts, prissi? Then you could notice this:
Quote from: Václav on November 16, 2013, 06:40:59 PM
Any opinions and comments write (including various changes of graphics, if needed) in topic Václav's addons - development discussion.

But may it be. Chimneys will be expanded a little. And roof of older station will get some any texture (or at least I will prepare XCF file for possible later improves) - but it will take some time.

An_dz

It's a fantastic building, but you need to remember that there's no black line between ground and walls.

On this object it should also have black lines on the wooden pillars and no black line between wall & lower roof, stairs and wall, and top roof with towers.

Black line is just when objects are not connected, when profundity gap exist.

Václav

Warehouse

Size: 3*1
Level: 5
Allows to transport: cargo

Here I tried to make any texture at least for roof, but probably not much successfully. And so it will have to be changed.

And also, if somebody would like, I can prepare mirror version.

And to your hints,
1. no black line between ground and walls - already included on warehouse
2. no black line between coverage of space in the front of central part of building - may it be
3. no black lines between stairs and wall - I had to place black line there because colour of some parts of stairs have the same colour as wall behind - but in target resolution ...
4. black lines on wooden pillars - will be made

An_dz

You need to use a more similar color for the texturing, you should check buildings: res_96c_125, res_96c_126, res_96c_156, res_96c_157, res_96c_135.

Their textures are well created you might try to create a similar look.

Václav

You could see texture of central part of marketplace. There I used similar colours, but in scale of grey it is a bit simplier, because there I mostly don't need to make extra countings. And also, on flat land, with regular rectangles it was a simplier.

Problem may in chosen shape and size of roof tiles.

Václav

New graphic version for warehouse. I attached also dat file even if I think it is probably the same with previous version.

I hope that now it is better. I also think about texture for ground - but I have no idea.

Updated links to source archives in main announcement posts.

And here are available new graphic files for large station building - cut sheet, uncut and icon and cursor.

An_dz

The new roof make the object look like a new one.

Václav

An_dz

The building itself. I wanted to express that the new roof makes it looks like a whole new building from the difference it makes.

Václav

I meant: which object (building)? At this time I can only suppose you talk about large station building (because you did not comment warehouse after I uploaded its graphics) but ...

An_dz

It's the warehouse, I missed the first post.

Václav

I am not sure if you think that building does not match intro year 1900, for new roof, or not.

So, here is photo of one such warehouse.

I did not added that chimney because without it, it is better, in my opinion.

Václav

All three station extensions got new dat - and both station buildings also new graphics.

Archives with source files can be found in original announcement posts. Icon and cursor were not changed. So, they are available for download in those posts too.

Here are new dat and both changed graphics.

An_dz

The drawing is very look alike, but your warehouse don't look made of wood. I found some time to work a little on it, see what you think.

Václav

Thanks.

I think that this face may be used for SVN, at this time.

I will try to make very similar face in my main editor. But not now. Because at first I will try to finish parking lots (most recent station extension) and improve rooves of other buildings.

Václav

Small parking site

Size: 2*1
Level: 5
Allows to transport: passengers

Large parking site

Size: 4*1
Level: 10
Allows to transport: passengers
Intro year: 1975
has player colour on lamp

Both parking sites are usable as extension for tram stops - because they are only in level of surface.