News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

new art for Pak 96 Comic

Started by checksumdigit, June 04, 2010, 03:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

checksumdigit

Hello All,

I recently stumbled across Simutrans and really like it. Pak96comic is very nice and I have really only played with this pak so far. Since I always enjoy adding to a game, I have started creating some graphics for the pak.

Here are some vehicles I have created. I created pick-up truck citycars since there weren't any for 96comic. I also started working on some trucks. The two large trucks here are for Grain transportation.

I was able to build the pak file and test them. Personally I like the way they look in-game but some may think they are to large.

Let me know what the group thinks of these vehicles.

Thanks,
Alex

KrazyJay

Looks nice on the forums. But if you want one to test it in-game, then please upload the pak files. Alternatively, you can add images together with dat files, so paks can be created manually. Just png files are just images, but cannot be used in the game as is.
Played Simutrans in:
~ The Netherlands ~ United Kingdom ~ Taiwan ~ Belgium ~

Simutrans player

VS

The size seems hardly for pak96.comic. These trucks would be gargantuan even in pak128. They could fit rather in pak192.comic... (but I might be mistaken - perhaps 96.c uses a different scale!)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

checksumdigit

Here are the paks for the citycar pick-up tricks. The red truck is a Chevrolet s-10, blue truck is a Dodge Power Wagon and the yellow is a Ford F-150

I tested the larger grain truck as a citycar initially but once I made a pak of it as a vehicle it was painfully obvious that it is too large. I'll have to re-work that one.

Also included here is a fourth pak of a modern VW golf. I was able to put 3 different color cars in one pak for this one.

Have fun with these. Let me know what you think of them in-game. I think the frequency of these vehicles appearing needs to be adjusted. currently I'm using the value "DistributionWeight=10". Is this too low? (I had to add many city cars for mine to even appear).

checksumdigit

I have also been working on some houses. below are some screen shots in-game. So far there is only 1 rotation view, and I haven't created snow graphics yet. Give them a try if you like (paks in archive attached) and let me know what you think of them.

gauthier

These are great, I just think that your citycars are a bit oversized.

rfg123

Very nice! I love those houses..

Qayyum

Love those houses ;D. You're just on your way to become a pak.96.comic painter.
ALLMYCONTENTISPUBLICDOMAINBUTNOEXPLOITATION

Simutrans - the open source Transport Tycoon Deluxe clone.

sojo

The cars looks to big. Can you make it smaller? Look at the picture.

The houses looks great, can I get the sources?
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

checksumdigit

Hi Sojo,

below are the sources for the houses so far. As stated, there are not winter versions yet and only one rotation view.

I'll keep you updated if/when I create other rotations and winter versions.

I'll see what I can do about the vehicles.

sojo

Are the houses rendered?

If the houses have the right size can I make some chances? Of course, only when necessary. And the copyright is yours, of course.
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

checksumdigit

Hi Sojo,

I used 3D models and rendered the houses. Then I edited them to make them look nice with yards, fences, driveways, etc. You are welcome to modify them. Let me know if there is anything I can do also.