News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

I'm back with a brand new track (well train actually... BR Class 377!)

Started by KneeOn, November 19, 2010, 10:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KneeOn

I've not painted for any PAK in just under a year, and not for PAK96 for over a year! But i'm dying (well manflu!) and I like the style.

Its just a rough mock up of British Rail Class 377. (the ones i'm literally a matter of meters from in my room with the train line right behind me!)

Its got a Southern Livery with player colours.

Note: Ignore the name of the attachment, it says 375 but it is 377.

vilvoh

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

KneeOn

Thanks for the feedback!  :)

I've think taken a bit of the boxness out of it... I'm not sure i've taken enough out though.

The side view on this one is far better though IMO.

Edit: I forgot to make a change to the second diagonal so it still had a bit of box to it, fixed though.

sojo

Nice, but I have changes some things:

1. Last picture: 1 pixel more roof and 1 pixel less at side.
2. Wheels should are only one pixel in height.

I think you can make more contrast at the roof.
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

KneeOn

I wasn't sure about how much wheel to make  :P I thought 1 looked too little and 2 looked too much! either that or my wheels full stop weren't very good (i ccouldn't ever get them right!)

I like the changes! Even though it wouldn't be accurate, a simple single coloured dark grey roof with a black line in the middle might look better... I'll play about and put up the changes I make.

EDIT:

Changes made:
- Added orange display board to diagonal images (i forgot to add them when i added them to the last image)
- Roof is now solid dark grey, with a black line down the middle where applicable (all bar the last images)

Second Edit: man flu is really affecting me! I forgot to draw the black line on the 3rd image. Fixed.

sojo

Quote from: KneeOn on November 19, 2010, 12:37:23 PM
- Roof is now solid dark grey, with a black line down the middle where applicable (all bar the last images)
Sorry you have me missunderstood.

I mean only you should make at the roof the old dark color a bit darker and the light color a bit lighter.

KneeOn

Quote from: sojo on November 19, 2010, 12:50:43 PM
Sorry you have me missunderstood.

I mean only you should make at the roof the old dark color a bit darker and the light color a bit lighter.

I see, i've made the lighter tone lighter and the darker tone darker.

sojo

I had reworked the roof in all pictures.

And I had found a problem with shadows at picture 1 and 2. Have a look I have it repainted.Now, the new colors are not player-colors! Can you change this?

KneeOn

Took me a second to think of what you meant by shadow issues but I've realized that I don't pay attention to the sun when painting!

I sure can turn the colours to player colours!

And I hadn't realized you had done the roof in the images :P Very nice, I need to pay attention more! I'll do the colours now, and then post it

EDIT: Posted, player colours and shadowing FTW!

sojo

KneeOn

I've not. IRL it goes 160, weighs 131 tonnes.

I'm going to estimate a 80/100 capacity based on fully seated and standing although the 377's that go to London probably have 125/150 people on them standing (its horrible!)

I've made a random dat with 100 capacity, 155 speed to check if it worked and it did. I found that the last image looked too long so i'e shortened it. The special colours work. Here is the new PNG, and a sample dat and the PAK file i made. You've got credit Sojo for the help  ;D