News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Airports - Runways, Taxiways, Planes and Buildings

Started by An_dz, August 15, 2011, 09:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reytm2

Hi, this is a new version of the air terminal, more comfortable to create terminal blocks ...

Mi blog, reytm2.blogspot.es - others, sms a cuba

An_dz

Great job. I really like the building style.
You're making new details that make the buildings even better.

reytm2

Thank you An_dz, i have some things that i will ascend into these days.

reytm2

Hello

This time some additions to the airports ...

1- A wall to mark the limits of the airport (still in development).
2- Signals (oneway) for taxiways and runways.

Full Resolution...

Greetings ...

An_dz

Great additions.
What I found is that the wall don't look so good if built vertically. And the 4way cross have a white pixel on top right.

reytm2

Yes, An_dz, i am at the moment smoothing off details ... i am finishing the final version ...

--------- Edit: Update of the addons ---------

"Final version"

The image shows how they are displayed from several angles the wall to limits of the airports.

An_dz

It looks great, I liked where you added the darker lines, but the 4way cross still have that white pixel.

reytm2

Not really found a way to improve that white pixel. that detail was left pending on the community.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Sojo
I need to see the .DAT for this object ... if possible.

reytm2

Hello friends ...

this time a tower of international control, good for terminal blocks.

BBGunn

This is great.  Are the airport objects usable at this time, or should I wait?
Another beautiful day!

私が日本語の間違いをしたら、すみません。
Desculpe-me quaisquer erros portugueses.  Sou só aprendiz.

An_dz

They are usable, I'm still doing a slow job on doing some more stops but you can use what's available here.
Just look if you are downloading the latest version or not. I've added the download below with everything.

For now we have this objects released:
5 Taxiways
4 Runways
1 Wall limiter
1 Hangar
1 One-way sign
2 Stations/Stops
5 Station/Stop Extension - Those 2 Control towers
7 Passengers Airplanes
1 Post Airplane
4 Cargo Airplanes - 3 open cargo, 1 liquid

Edit:Sources now available at 96comic Repository

BBGunn

Another beautiful day!

私が日本語の間違いをしたら、すみません。
Desculpe-me quaisquer erros portugueses.  Sou só aprendiz.

Josh

We need smaller passenger planes and slightly bigger and faster post planes, plus a more variety of cargo planes.

reytm2

I am willing to create new aircraft, of course if you make suggestions as to brand and model much better ...

Josh

Well for smaller passenger aircraft you could do a De Havilland Dash 8-Q400 (74 passengers and 360kn) and a Bombardier CRJ 100 (52 passengers and 437kn). But for tiny trips Beech King Air B200 (13 passengers and 295kn)

For post aircraft I was thinking Cessna 208B Grand Caravan (about 150 post and 265kn)

For the cargo aircraft I think as the biggest it would have to be the Antonov AN-225 (460kn), but in general I would use the normal Boeing 777F (510kn), Boeing 747-8F (495kn) and a Airbus A320-200F (467kn)

reytm2

Returning to the issue of aircraft ...
here's a new installment, the tri-reactor Russian Yakovlev Yak-42, This airliner is configured for 90 passengers.
I await your comments ...

Alex. Brose

Quote from: reytm2 on July 06, 2012, 12:50:08 PM
I await your comments ...
What if we were speechless because of your stunning graphics? :-)

By the way: Aren't the red/green lights wrong? I thought, green is on the right, red on the left to flying direction?

reytm2

Thank you very much ...

I never really studied the specifications of the lights, I will investigate. If they are wrong, then you have to fix the lights in all aircraft created by me.   :)
------------------------------------------------------
In fact ... the lights are reversed,
left is the red
the green right.

thanks for the tip Alex ...

An_dz

Very nice plane, I like the design.

Quote from: Alex. Brose on July 06, 2012, 01:28:27 PM
By the way: Aren't the red/green lights wrong? I thought, green is on the right, red on the left to flying direction?
Good to know. Need to remember when I get back to planes design. :D

reytm2

Regional passenger plane ... Beechcraft King Air.

greetings ....

Bergente

Nice!
On the first picture it seems to me as if the left turbine is slightly longer than the right one. What do the others think?

wlindley

Yes, the Red light should be on the left wing, as viewed by the pilot.  ("Red, left, and port" are shorter words than "Green, right, and starboard" is an easy way to remember.)  See also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navigation_light

reytm2

@Bergente, you mean the engine 1, I was really hesitant with the size ... if you can contribute something would be an honor for me.

Bergente

Yeah, I meant engine number 1. If you can wait until next week then I will edit it for you.  ;)

Bergente

@reytm2: I had another close look at the Beechcraft King Air and on second thought the size and proportions of the turbines look fine to me. So I didn't change anything. Sorry for the trouble!

reytm2

Václav

I have minor question on you, reytm2 and An_dz: Could you prepare one-way sign for taxiway?

I use this feature (one-way signs) in pak128 very often - to set runways separated for taking off and landing. In this way airports may accept and release more airplanes. And also, if each of them is built on opposite end of airport, airplanes can move along airport a little more fluent.

And so this feature is very missing for me, in this pakset.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

An_dz

Reytm2 already made them Vaclav, if you're using the 96comic Extension they're already in. But if you're using official 96comic, you can download the Airport pack here, all the objects posted after this post are not included, so you'll need to download them individually.

Václav

Thanks. I have main pakset - and expansion. Currently I am in year 1958.

I downloaded those addons - but it seems like it has later year of introducing into game. So I must ask which year it is.

An_dz

It'll be available at 1965. We haven't finished the essential part of the airplanes yet.

If anyone is using the airplanes I would like to hear how is the balance of them.

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on August 23, 2012, 07:08:37 PM
It'll be available at 1965. We haven't finished the essential part of the airplanes yet.

If anyone is using the airplanes I would like to hear how is the balance of them.
Thanks.

Not only airplanes needs balance.
Hard to say. I think that at least I don't think that Cessna could transport 100 people. That postal Money Bravo could not transport 100 sacks of post. It is too much in both cases. But if you talk about changing of running of costs, I do't know.

An_dz

Those stuff are also important. I'll check those strange numbers and check what is missing for the airplanes project.

Václav

... I looked wrong ... both called planes are for post. That is quite strange - that in year 1958 are three planes for post but no one for passengers.

An_dz

I'm fixing some of those problems, I've created a new oneway sign that will be available whit the first Landing Zones.
Plus I'm creating passenger versions of Money Bravo and Cessna Skyhawk. I've made some other fixes too.