News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

tourist attraction (new Addons)

Started by reytm2, August 28, 2011, 07:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reytm2

Hello ... I want to introduce this project ...
is a tourist attraction ... futbool a stadium.

What color is best for you? ...

Mi blog, reytm2.blogspot.es - others, sms a cuba

Václav

That yellow is better acceptable for me.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

vilvoh

I would use both, just changing the playground layout. Let's say one for football and the other one for rugby.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Václav

... but else I would like to suggest change of colour of those pillars that hold those lights.

An_dz

I agree with Vaclav, the pillars should have another color. I would say gray.
I liked the purple/red/maroon one. (I'm terrible on color naming). But it's better to keep both.

reytm2

They are right, it is better to use two, one for football, and one for rugby.

Thanks

reytm2

Václav

Rugby? That is for American football - because Rugby has only two very high poles that are not connected anywhere.

reytm2

I have no knowledge of American futbool ...

Only reproduced an image of a party in a photo ...

Any suggestions are welcome.

This image shows the details used to create the field (the Lines and goal).

Václav

Yes, it is american football - there are not numbers along longer side of field in rugby.

No player is well zoomed - but there is visible that they wear suit of american football (mostly helm and protection shields under own suit). In rugby players are dressed likely to classical football (soccer in American English).

I see that English is not your language but you can read more about rugby on www.irb.com. May it be that there is somewhere also German version - at least there is german version of rugby rules.

reytm2

In this case the stadium is to futbool American, not rugby, I thought it was the same ...

sorry for the mistake ...

I speak Spanish ... my English is not good.

Václav

... oops ... I beg your pardon for that mistake with languages.

No, rugby and american football are not the same. American football was derived from rugby. For this they are similar - but really they are not the same.

An_dz

The biggest difference is that Americans play American Football while the rest of the world plays rugby. :D :D

Rugby also don't wear helmets and those things on shoulders. Just a simple T-shirt and shorts.

Make a rugby stadium but in green or blue.

reytm2

Yes, I can create another version for rugby, but in this case the idea of ​​me create a string of industries.

1 - String.
- Hule Plantation.
- Hule Processing.
- supplies sports factory.
- Stadiums.

2 - String.
- Hule Plantation.
- Hule Processing.
- Tire factory.
- Car factory (this is already the official pak).

An_dz

It took me some time to understand what is hule. It's Spanish for rubber.

I think the plantations don't make too much sense cause rubber now is synthetic. Natural is just used for high price products.

Here's my idea:

Just one problem, I don't know if the stadiums is a good idea, anyway we can wait a reply from sojo.

sdog

ah, c'mon all paks have futbol and rugby stadiums, pak96 comic is much more unusual than those, let's make it a chess stadium! 64 black/white squares filling the centre, large figures, and a team of players pushing them. :-P

Václav

I have to agree with An_dz in case of rubber.

sdog, chess is played only inside.

Combuijs

Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

sojo

The football stadium looks good. Can you send me the source too?
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

reytm2

Yes, it is better idea AN_DZ ... Sojo says he thinks about ... start drawing 1st factory.

sojo

To the chain of industries:

1. Oil Pump & Rig deliefer no Petroleum to Chemical Factory
2. Oil Pump ->refinery -> Chemical factory
3. rubber should be (mayby) synthetic fibers
4. Tyres from rubber? We are comic, but this is  :o
5. Mayby Plastic parts for cars -> deliver to Car factory and workshop
6. The Car factory and the tyre factory are very good ideas! :)
7. rubber can produced at a plantage of rubber trees
8. What sport iteams are meant? Sportswear?
9. I'm not a fan of leather! ;) Mayby imitation leather !?
10. Stadium is a tourist attraction. This should be remain so.
11. department store can sell this!
12. A sports store can it sell too.

An_dz

1 & 2. You're right, I forgot the refinery.

3 & 7. Latex -> Rubber. The latex can be from plants or synthetic (most common). We can add plantations and add latex from chemicals factories, that than send to a rubber factory.
Quote from: wikipediaIt can also be made synthetically by polymerizing a monomer such as styrene that has been emulsified with surfactants.
Monomers, polymers, they come from petroleum. A big mix of those.

4. From tyre(GB) I mean tire(US). And it's made of rubber. Check this site, first line after 'Manufacturing'.

5. Plastics for cars and workshops is also cool. What about add Tv and Radio manufacturer too?

8. I was thinking everything. Just like Nike, Adidas, Puma, etc. They manufacture balls, normal clothes, shoes, sport clothes, sports accessories, and over 9000 items.

9. I thought this was not a cool idea for comic. We can skip. The only usage I see is for sport balls.

10, 11 & 12. Agree

sdog

you can introduce an oil burning soot factory for the tyres. You could also have rubber plantations only appear until some point in time, afterwards have chemical plants produce rubber.

Between the oil pump and the chemical factory a refinery is missing in your diagram.
Oil pump -> oil -> Refinery -> benzene, ethene, butadien -> chemical plant -> styrene-butadiene-rubber -> tyre factory

Václav

Quote from: sdog on September 01, 2011, 11:07:54 PM
Between the oil pump and the chemical factory a refinery is missing in your diagram.
Oil pump -> oil -> Refinery -> benzene, ethene, butadien -> chemical plant -> styrene-butadiene-rubber -> tyre factory
Here, regardless of my education on high school of chemistry, I would like to suggest simplification of those source material - else you would search another use for those materials (ethene, benzene and butadiene) in a quite difficult way. Of course that there are some other chemical products based on some of those materials - but not much (PE, polystyrene, glues - and may be few other if you use some other source materials).

sdog

pak128 solved it by just calling it "chemicals"

sojo

A tv and radio manufactor is included. At the moment it deliver to the workshop radios, speakers and something more for cars. It is named consumer electronics.

About chemicals: This time we have "chemicals" as bulk good. But we can make a second good chemicals as liquid. (If it is needed) ;)

An_dz

I meant to say the TV & Radio Manufacturer should consume plastics.

reytm2

at the end took a bit of complexity ... well now I need to know:

What industries should be drawn? (make new topic).

returning to the original topic ... here is the controversial rugby stadium blue.

An_dz

This blue is too much baby blue, use harder blue, I mean more blue than white. And change the seats and windows colors. The color got mixed.

Edit: Here's my colors choose:

If you want to use, you need to edit it, I just did a fast change. The windows won't lit at night.
I think it's better choose new seat & windows colors.

And I've created the continue for the factory chain discussion:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=7930.0

sojo

Babyblue is cool! But only for so an object. But your blue is nice too, An_dz.

I think the industry-chain for plastic is to complex (to long). Very heavy to calculate all goods.

reytm2

ok, looks good ... tomorrow, upload the new .pak ..

An_dz

As I said, new seat and window colors will probably help. My color can be used for another sport, let's say beach volley?

Than remove the trees, add some palms, remove the grass and the sidewalk and let it be built only at desert.

sojo

Quote from: An_dz on September 02, 2011, 02:31:38 PM
My color can be used for another sport, let's say beach volley?
Yeah! Great idea. :)

Václav

I know that it may sound very foolish: Why don't fill seats with such colours that they won't be the same - and it would look a little better.

Quote from: sdog on September 02, 2011, 06:33:14 AM
pak128 solved it by just calling it "chemicals"
I am not on side of such generalisation. I think that they may be divided into (at least):
- mineral chemicals (liquid and bulk - or sacked)
- organic chemicals (similar)

... and of course, somebody may write about chemicals made of both characters - mineral and organic - but such are generally taken as organic, too.

An_dz

So, here's how the beach volley stadium is looking. What do you think?
I want to thank Bergente again for those images on German Forum, those tables with sun umbrella got perfect.

Winter view:

sdog

more or less just for the lulz, a rough take on the chess stadion:

are you using vector graphics and scale them down, or are you drawing pixel by pixel? i did the latter one and it was quite a bit tedious. (xcf with layers available, but i don't think it'd be needed)

@Vaclav, of course there aren't quite a lot of chess stadions around IRL, but we can just assume those pak comic people are a bit more cultivated. Afteral they are mining rouge (or was it lipstick?).

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

sojo

The chees stadium is cool! :D The beach-volleyball, too! ;) But it is so empty in winter. What do you think about some snowmans. Wich play snowball!

If you will paint people, delete the seats and make a lot of different colored pixels.

An_dz

I liked the chess stadium.

I do pixel work, There's a specific name for this right? I'm not sure about reytm2 and sojo.

Quote from: sojo on September 03, 2011, 11:52:36 AM
The beach-volleyball is so empty in winter.
That's good, imagine who will be sufficiently crazy to play beach-volley on snow. :o

Quote from: sojo on September 03, 2011, 11:52:36 AM
What do you think about some snowmans. Wich play snowball!
I liked the idea, I'll try to do it, also I'll add some snow barricades. Snowball war.

sdog

here's the xcf (gimp) with layers.
chessstadion.xcf

mine was really more for the lulz, i've quite lost with single pixe editing. I tried to include some pieces, people moving them, a huge chess clock and some pedestals on either side of the board where the players sit (with nice table and sunshade, as in your beachvolleyball stadion, a little hut with chimney and smoke for the winter version). But i didn't get anywhere when doing so.

A warning, i have used noise, but didn't filter forbidden colours out yet. (btw, do we already have a gimp plugin or script doing this?)

Quote from: An_dz on September 03, 2011, 02:48:16 PM
[...] imagine who will be sufficiently crazy to play beach-volley on snow. :o
we did, naked, to win a bet ... almost (well actually we lost since when the time of truth came, noone had the courage.)

reytm2

I work pixel ... is tedious but you get good results.

I've been in the version of rugby stadium ... here's seat with new colors and black windows.

PS: now I working in one stadium of Baseball...

The beach volleyball stadium makes you want to go to the beach to play very, very good ...  8)

The stadium of chess, you must give a lot of work ... very good too ... ;)

An_dz

Quote from: reytm2 on September 04, 2011, 03:19:11 PM
now I working in one stadium of Baseball...
Great, I like baseball (even not playing or watching it). I always felt sad for the lack of this stadium on Simutrans. ::'(

Quote from: sdog on September 03, 2011, 06:55:24 PM
we did, naked, to win a bet ... almost (well actually we lost since when the time of truth came, noone had the courage.)
For someone that created a stadium with a giant chess I'm not so surprised. :)

Václav

... and what about swimming stadium (with or without jump tower)?

Carl

At this rate there will be enough stadia for a spinoff: "Pak96.Olympics" ;)

Václav

Good joke ... but still there are some stadiums missing - for Olympics.

reytm2

So I came to the mind of swimming, but not as stadium, but as a pool ...

Here are beisboll Stadium ...

sdog

nost sure if it's possible to integrate at this small scale, but with the baseball fields i've seen here the large wire fences behind the pitch were quite dominant. Perhaps you can do it by some grey dithering?

Václav

Baseball stadium looks splendid - excepting following:
1. roof needs else colour - for contrast with pillars of lights
2. that basic part where are players needs correction - make narrow part between ?stages 1,2 and 3 - and a little larger ways between main stage (from where players run) and stages 1 and 3

About swimming pool - I know that it should be swimming pool

Few other ideas for stadia (marked by * may be needed in size 3*3 or greater, not only 2*2):
1. athletics *
2. speed skating *
3. ice-hockey
4. lake for rowing and speed-canoistics *
5. cross-country and biathlon *

... oops ... post number 2100
it deserves something special (like one-hour ban  ;D - but please, don't take it seriously)

An_dz

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on September 06, 2011, 04:16:35 PM
1. roof needs else colour - for contrast with pillars of lights
2. that basic part where are players needs correction - make narrow part between ?stages 1,2 and 3 - and a little larger ways between main stage (from where players run) and stages 1 and 3
1. I think it needs a totally new color, I'm getting bored of this color. Don't want to be rude, but this color is already used for the soccer stadium and the tire factory and some other factories already in game.

2.You're right Vaclav, the running area needs some corrections. The square is not square. :D This images can help: Image1, Image2.

3. ice-hockey
I was just thinking about it, I was thinking on a Canadian Stadium, but I can't remember the team nor the city.

@Vaclav
About swimming pool - I know that it should be swimming pool
Reytm2 tried to say that he was thinking just a little pool, like a club. Not like an olympic pool.

Václav

To issue of swimming pool - swimming pool is often taken as name for that pit with water, itself - and sometimes also for whole building.

reytm2

Quote from: An_dz on September 06, 2011, 06:52:15 PM
1. I think it needs a totally new color, I'm getting bored of this color. Don't want to be rude, but this color is already used for the soccer stadium and the tire factory and some other factories already in game.

2.You're right Vaclav, the running area needs some corrections. The square is not square. :D This images can help: Image1, Image2.
I was just thinking about it, I was thinking on a Canadian Stadium, but I can't remember the team nor the city.

yes, definitely need to change the color ... design field as a videogame take ... they seem to have that error too ...

let's see how it goes the new version.

reytm2

Here are the new version, with colors and corrections field.

thanks to all

I hope comments

Václav

That part of field where players run between stage 1, 2 and 3 (in opposite to stage where players begin their run - I marked it with yellow arrows) should be narrower.

... and I beg your pardon, if you misunderstood my previous demand on the same thing.

An_dz

I liked the new color, It just misses the area where the 'ball thrower' keeps.

Vaclav, do you mean that this area should get narrow to look more like a semi-circle?

Václav

No, semi-circle - area I marked should be narrower in width of that light brown path.

But I must to beg your pardon because I thought that it should be as I wrote but I found this photo

So if there is something wrong, then it is missing stage for ball throwers.

reytm2

If indeed forget the pitcher's mound. was to rebuild the field ...

reytm2

Hello everyone ...

Someone knows the house upside down...

sojo

reytm2

New tourist attraction ...

A launch pad for rockets.

Václav

Of course ... very comic ... Rocket on platform would fly very fast - but not far - beyond Moon or so.

reytm2

That will be the new modality of simutrans ...

interspatial routes ... ;D To carry astronauts and cargo to space stations ...  :P

thanks ....

Václav

... and if you would like something special in this category, you may prepare real space ship of style of sci-fi books and movies - as ordinary vehicle.

An_dz

This rocket is really good. I'm impressed by the level of this building. Really good work reytm2.

reytm2

An_dz Thanks for your coment, my experience is thanks to you.

Václav

... and one another idea for sport stadium: archery

reytm2

Archery, the discipline needs a specialized stadium. White can not put before the public, for obvious reasons.

reytm2

Catholic Church...

Full image

regards

Václav

And why don't make church of Protestants (Utraquists; or even Hussites) or else similar religion? Differences in buildings between these churches are very small.

Very important sign of churches of Hussites is cup on building - here it is ?cup on top of roof of that bell-tower - as is shown on following picture.

reytm2

It is an interesting construct ... This is a small building and is not difficult to draw.

Václav

Construction was finished in May of year 1939.

And here are two another pictures:

I think that you may ignore that back part - that isi visible on the first picture.

An_dz

I didn't liked the snow on roof of this church. It's strange. ;)

reytm2

I try to create an effect of little snow accumulation, caused by the steep slope of the roof.

I accept editions ...  ;D

reytm2

@VaclavMacurek

here is the Protestant church, that you think? ...

regards

sdog

not sure, but i think Vaclav considered the cup on the tip of the tower important. At this scale however it's perhaps too small anyways.

A comment on the snow on the roof of the previous building. This little amount of snow only sticking to the top would only happen for a very well thermally insulated roof. In that case however the roof would be completely white before the ground. If the roof is behind the ground, the roof would have snow at it's lower parts and the top portion would be without snow. Look at mEGa's cidre factory as an example.

overall it looks quite good. it's quite a good time for pak96.comic now, so much new content.

There is one issue i have when playing the pak however, it is very heavy on medium grey. Especially for a comic i would hope for more colour. Most of the grey comes from the ways, not sure if anything could be done there though.

Václav

Really perfect. Mostly that summer version. But I cannot say anything bad against winter version.

May it be that sdog is right with shape of snow on top of both rooves (mostly of one on main building) but I would let it be as it is - excepting I would like to suggest darkening shadow side of roof of bell-tower. It is too bright.

I originally wanted to write something about missing cup on bell-tower but really it is so small that it would not be visible.

reytm2

In agreement, i am going to work in the versions of winter in both buildings.

(Catholic and Protestant churches).

reytm2

Edition of religious buildings ...

- Decided to give effect of roof completely with snow to the catholic church ...

- Increase the everything from the shadows in the protestant church.

An_dz

Yes, most of the objects in 96.comic are this way.

For protestant church:
I would remove the black line in that small roof where it reaches the walls.
And add a 1px white line over the cup and the crux (Is that the right name?). It's on the 'drawing rules' for 96.comic.

reytm2

@An_dz

I would like to see me a hand with that improvement in the protestant church ...

if there are no drawbacks clear ...

sdog

the snow on the crux of the catholic church looks quite good. That church is overal quite good looking.

An_dz

Hey Reytm2 here's an edited version of the snow version. Also a screen to show the snow better.

reytm2

Václav

Me too. I will try to find some other buildings that can be prepared for this pakset. But at this time I don't know about any one.

Bergente

I want to provide these graphics. I made them several months ago but they didn't make it into the game due to a lack of time. They were intended as being a part of an industry chain. It is a beer brewery. However, I never had time to complete the whole chain. Since it would be a waste to not use it I thought that you guys might have some use for it. It is open source, so you can use it in every way you want, be it as part of an industry or as an attraction..

Hope that you can use it in some useful way.

An_dz

Beer? We must finish this chain! :D

I'll study the chain and make a good choice to finish it. I'll create a new topic for it then.

sdog

A beer chain could have the nice side-effect: If you produce enough beer all your vehicles become 30% faster and passenger numbers also double. Anyone wants to write an extension request?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

30% faster? More like 10% of the time the vehicles crash... XD