News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

tourist attraction (new Addons)

Started by reytm2, August 28, 2011, 07:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

I didn't liked the snow on roof of this church. It's strange. ;)

reytm2

I try to create an effect of little snow accumulation, caused by the steep slope of the roof.

I accept editions ...  ;D

Mi blog, reytm2.blogspot.es - others, sms a cuba

reytm2

@VaclavMacurek

here is the Protestant church, that you think? ...

regards

sdog

not sure, but i think Vaclav considered the cup on the tip of the tower important. At this scale however it's perhaps too small anyways.

A comment on the snow on the roof of the previous building. This little amount of snow only sticking to the top would only happen for a very well thermally insulated roof. In that case however the roof would be completely white before the ground. If the roof is behind the ground, the roof would have snow at it's lower parts and the top portion would be without snow. Look at mEGa's cidre factory as an example.

overall it looks quite good. it's quite a good time for pak96.comic now, so much new content.

There is one issue i have when playing the pak however, it is very heavy on medium grey. Especially for a comic i would hope for more colour. Most of the grey comes from the ways, not sure if anything could be done there though.

Václav

Really perfect. Mostly that summer version. But I cannot say anything bad against winter version.

May it be that sdog is right with shape of snow on top of both rooves (mostly of one on main building) but I would let it be as it is - excepting I would like to suggest darkening shadow side of roof of bell-tower. It is too bright.

I originally wanted to write something about missing cup on bell-tower but really it is so small that it would not be visible.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

reytm2

In agreement, i am going to work in the versions of winter in both buildings.

(Catholic and Protestant churches).

reytm2

Edition of religious buildings ...

- Decided to give effect of roof completely with snow to the catholic church ...

- Increase the everything from the shadows in the protestant church.

An_dz

Yes, most of the objects in 96.comic are this way.

For protestant church:
I would remove the black line in that small roof where it reaches the walls.
And add a 1px white line over the cup and the crux (Is that the right name?). It's on the 'drawing rules' for 96.comic.

reytm2

@An_dz

I would like to see me a hand with that improvement in the protestant church ...

if there are no drawbacks clear ...

sdog

the snow on the crux of the catholic church looks quite good. That church is overal quite good looking.

An_dz

Hey Reytm2 here's an edited version of the snow version. Also a screen to show the snow better.

reytm2

Václav

Me too. I will try to find some other buildings that can be prepared for this pakset. But at this time I don't know about any one.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Bergente

I want to provide these graphics. I made them several months ago but they didn't make it into the game due to a lack of time. They were intended as being a part of an industry chain. It is a beer brewery. However, I never had time to complete the whole chain. Since it would be a waste to not use it I thought that you guys might have some use for it. It is open source, so you can use it in every way you want, be it as part of an industry or as an attraction..

Hope that you can use it in some useful way.

An_dz

Beer? We must finish this chain! :D

I'll study the chain and make a good choice to finish it. I'll create a new topic for it then.

sdog

A beer chain could have the nice side-effect: If you produce enough beer all your vehicles become 30% faster and passenger numbers also double. Anyone wants to write an extension request?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

30% faster? More like 10% of the time the vehicles crash... XD