News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

nuclear power plant (maybe need industrial chain)

Started by reytm2, October 31, 2011, 03:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reytm2

This is a nuclear power plant, initially consumes chemicals, from the refinery, but it is ideal to consume uranium, This suggests an industrial chain.

- Uranium mine.
- Uranium enrichment plant.
- Nuclear power plant.

Full image

Mi blog, reytm2.blogspot.es - others, sms a cuba

Václav

I have to say that nuclear powerplant looks very interesting - I only don't understand those two brownish ?tanks. What they should represent? What should be inside of them?

(and look into currently last post of topic New factory chain discussion, I call there one another ... because I improved that post instead postinng new one)

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Bergente

I think the tanks look fine. Besides, this is the pak96.comic which doesn't put as much emphasis on a realistic appearance as the other paks do. So a little bit of fantasy when it comes to the drawing of buildings is ok ;)

prissi

The tanks are the pressured reactor core of the WWER and also some western westinghouse reactors. They actually contain the radiactive cores.

Václav

I thought that own reactor is in that greyish building surrounded by cooling towers and those tanks ... but may it be.

reytm2

As said prissi, tanks are the nuclear reactors, it must be in a container structure, to avoid disaster in case of failures in the reactor. therefore are far from the buildings of operation.

Ashley

The perspective of the cooling towers is a little off I think, they look too flat... In fact most of the cylindrical items seem that way. It's a good idea though!
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

reytm2

Ho, try to improve it ... thank you very much...
---------------------------------------------

i'm working to create the mine and plant for uranium enrichment.

Qayyum

work in progress...

Will notify later when it is finished.

Also, it looks like there are some elements of my work in your buildings  :police:.
ALLMYCONTENTISPUBLICDOMAINBUTNOEXPLOITATION

Simutrans - the open source Transport Tycoon Deluxe clone.

Václav

About uranium mines: you may choose between two ways
- classical shaft mines (transported material is mostly black)
- acid extraction fields - it may be very interesting with using of fields - but I don't know how much is this way of uranium extraction used in the world (transported material is mostly yellow)

An_dz

There's another nuclear plant in 96comic by Noel, but it consumes coal.

I think it needs more gradient near the edges to look more cylindrical. Maybe take a look in the one already in the pakset.

Qayyum

Quote from: reytm2 on November 02, 2011, 01:43:30 PM
Ho, try to improve it ... thank you very much...

I did it. Here's your radioactive plant. ;D Oh, and a spare cooling tower, just in case if want more cooling towers 8).

No need to thank me :P.
ALLMYCONTENTISPUBLICDOMAINBUTNOEXPLOITATION

Simutrans - the open source Transport Tycoon Deluxe clone.

reytm2

Very impressive, really beautiful. "thank you very much"

On the building, definitely some, use many of the details of their work, excuse the inconvenience.

reytm2

Following completion of the chain of industrial of the uranium.

here i leave the diagram...

i'm going to go climbing the pak and sources gradually...

------------------------------------------------------
For now, the files .pak ...

Václav

That warhouse of radioactive residuals is fully useless - in a way you used it. Because materials that were processed to get enriched uranium are not piled in this way. Warhouse you created would be more useful for depowered nuclear fuel gain from powerplant.

ispero

I said I agree with VaclavMacurek. I just want to again encourage you to continue working, are doing an excellent job.

reytm2

The amount of uranium processing the enrichment plant is enough to feed the nuclear power plant.

The chain of uranium is based in reality. the enrichment plants produce heu and impoverished.

the enriched uranium is used for nuclear energy, depleted uranium is a waste of the process.

Currently depleted uranium is used to make bullets anti bunker. Therefore i prefer warehouse and not be used as war arsenal.

PS: Thanks for your comment.

Dwachs

the mine building with these piles of dirt is looking great!
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Václav

... minor idea for (using of) uranium mine:

uranium was intentionally extracted from earth from about second half of 19th century (but may it be some time earlier)
- when it was used (in very low amounts) for colouring of glass (to get green colour) - but lately this way of colouring of glass was left (but in very small amounts of production ...)
- and of course, also scientists needed some (mostly raw) uranium - mostly on turn of 19th and 20th - but of course, they need it still

reytm2

Not a bad idea to add the glass industry and the scientific insdustria to the production of uranium.

demarcated by the time ...