News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

XVII-XVIII Ages objects

Started by sonik, January 29, 2012, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonik

Hello! I represent to your attention ancient objects that can help us fill this gap in pak96.comic. Their date of creation is limited within 1400-1700 years.

My plans for pak96 graphics:

1. Ship trading
a. small ship (Tartana) (In process)

- passanger
    - freight (Goods in barrels and boxes)

b. fast and big ship (Sloop) (In process)

- passanger

c. biggest ship (Galleon) (In process)

- passanger

d. hauled barges (Barges)

- freight (Bulk cargo)

2. Land trading
a. Port structures for ships and various combinations with it, that do not use horses at short distances (simulation port workers).
b. Horse transport
c. Ancient buildings for production chains

Since, in principle, I am new to Simutrans, and do not have sufficient knowledge to correctly complete the dat-files. I need your help in this. I want to make everything balanced in terms of price and of money expenditures in the presented sites.

sonik

=Ready=

1.a. small ship (Tartana)

Night:                       Day:

But, where I can to find full list with all goods for player vehicles?
And, please, help me with dat-characteristics for passanger- and freight-ship:

#Tartana - small sailship
obj=vehicle
name=sailtartana1
copyright=sonik
waytype=water
engine_type=sail
freight=Passagiere
payload=95
speed=20
power=85
gear=100
weight=15
cost=5000000
runningcost=25
intro_year=1400
intro_month=1
retire_month=7
retire_year=1940
smoke=-1
sound=-1

Download will be available after completion of dat-file.

sonik

=Ready=

1.b. fast and big ship (Sloop)

Night:                       Day:

Please, help me with cargo types for this vehicles. Where I can to find full list with pak96.comic goods?

#Sloop - fast and big sailship
obj=vehicle
name=sailsloop1
copyright=sonik
waytype=water
engine_type=sail
freight=Passagiere
payload=190
speed=30
power=95
gear=100
weight=50
cost=15000000
runningcost=50
intro_year=1650
intro_month=1
retire_month=7
retire_year=1950
smoke=-1
sound=-1

Download will be available after completion of dat-file.

Fabio

An_dz

They look cool, but not so 96comic. I don't want to be so critic, but it needs to more comic. Cause they look good, but don't match the pak style.
Firstly remove any texture, 96comic rarely uses them. Reduce the shadowing, there's much shadow, too vibrant change in light.

You can check the pak rules in this topic. The last post is my translated rules from the german forum.

You can see the full list of products in the goods list, just change the language to C-English to see the internal name.

sonik

Yes, right. I have read the rules. But so far I have no experience in comic style. For that reason I asked the critics. I don't use textures at all models - only the toon shader. But maybe you're right - too many transitions between shadows and light. I'll try to fix it.

reytm2

I really like these models ... is a little out of norm, but can be arranged with ease ... good work ... it is good to have people working for the pak ...

Mi blog, reytm2.blogspot.es - others, sms a cuba

sonik

How about this style?
image was delete for economy traffic

reytm2

Don't know about the other designers, i see it great.

Mi blog, reytm2.blogspot.es - others, sms a cuba

sonik

Thank you very much! I will continue to work in this direction.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: sonik on January 30, 2012, 11:30:44 PM
How about this style?
As I like pak96.comic, I'd like to see something like this running in the game.

Good work. :D

sonik

"Comic" fix for sloop base model:

For example, render from Maya without shades and lights (Source on which I draw):

As you can see, I prepare the main colors in the 3D scene. The contour of the black line, and shading drawn already in Photoshop. The process is very fascinating, so I will continue to draw objects for pak96.comic. Remained only a model galleon, and links to the addon will be available sometime after February 5. After realising the creation of vehicles, I'll try to understand the creation of stops and transport hubs.

edit: Sail fixes is done too. Big thanks to An_dz!

An_dz

Ahhh, now they are way better, very nice job.

But checking again the sloop is still too dark, but just the sails. Just the last image is 100% perfect.
Try lightning in PS the dark sails.

When I get my PC back alive, I might do some objects too. :D

Václav

Those ships look very splendid.  ;) I wish I could paint such objects - but my painting abilities end on the buildings.  :-[

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

sonik

Thank you. Maybe you can help me to make a version of these ships for cargo? Graphically it is ready, that's just problem with the settings - does not work any type of product (exept passangers) - that I had not entered simutrans goes to windows.

Václav

With showing of dat files of that ship for transportation of anything else than passengers may be easier - because I don't know all goods of pak96.comic. One vehicle may load only one type of goods.

So (your) ship may load for example coal or sand together with the same dat - and with else dat file may load for example raw wood or planks. Pay attention to name of object - for different goods it must be different. If you wrote the same name of object, then it is clear that only one ship will appear in depot.

I am worried that my help to you ends with this - for this time.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní