News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Odd bug of train switching destination en-route

Started by Jando, May 10, 2017, 08:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

I'm seeing a very odd bug with a train driving under one train staff. Basically the train drives to a destination and switches to another destination en-route a few tiles before reaching the original destination. I can reliably reproduce this bug on this saved game: http://files.simutrans.com/index.php/s/pY4aPLSMiIpOPxp

How to reproduce:

1. Load saved game, hit pause. You see train #4 running under absolute block approaching Rocknell Power Station South. Here the train will off-load part of it's cargo before continuing to Little Durerlock Power Station under one train staff.
2. Do not open the train's schedule window because if you do the bug won't happen. The bug will also not happen when you save and load the game after Rocknell Power Station South or if you replace the one staff cabinet there with a token block signal.
3. Unpause and let the train run. It will correctly stop at Rocknell Power Station South, unload some cargo, switch to one train staff and continue to the next station.
4. Best follow the train and watch the destination line in the vehicle information window. Be ready to pause the game when the train is almost at it's destination (on that little beam bridge) about 6 or 7 tiles before the station. On that bridge the train will switch to another destination in it's route.

jamespetts

I think that I have managed to fix this one; would you be able to re-test with the next nightly build? Thank you for the report.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

Indeed, the actual error reported above does not happen any more. Thank you for the quick fix, James.

While testing this on multiple routes I noticed another odd behaviour of one train staff, but I believe it's unrelated to this bug (and may even be related to my poor understanding and placement of signals) thus I will make a new thread for that. Thank you again.