News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Missing Factory's

Started by Colin, September 22, 2010, 05:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

It may be my imagination but didn't PAK128 used to have Chemists and Pharmaceuticals?  The Refinery's produce Chemicals so there really should be associated factory's.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

DirrrtyDirk

No, there are none of these in pak128. For a moment you got me wondering, too... But I checked the source files (which contain even the removed stuff) and just to make sure, I also checked back to pak128 in versions 99.17 and 99.03 - same result. So I guess they really never existed.

Chemicals however, are used by printers in pak128. So far the only industry I cound find that uses them. But there is one.

(But since this topic deals with a probable pak128 bug, it should be placed in the pak128/bugs section - maybe a Mod can move it?)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

vilvoh

Let's wait for the pak128 maintainers opinion, to ensure if it's really a bug or those factories never existed.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

DirrrtyDirk

Ok, "Help Requests" also works of course.

I also checked pak128 for 88.10.5 and the one for 86.03.2. Various types of industries, but no Chemists or Pharmaceuticals.

So I think it is pretty safe to say that they didn't exist (at least for many, many years - but probably they never did) and it is not a recent bug. But if VS is needed to make that judgement "official", ok. ;)

I think it's just a mix-up with pak64 (or yet another pakset), where these industries indeed exist.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Colin

Last post 22-09-10 Isn't anybody going to give a positive reply to this or is just going to die a death like the electrification of industries. The developers might as well remove Chemicals from Refinery's then.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.