News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Started by Václav, August 07, 2012, 08:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

1930 is year in which I always start my games in Simutrans. I often play with pak128 and there is 1930 usable for beginning of the game - but that year is not usable in pak96.comic.

And why? Here is drastic lack of vehicles - rail, road and also water. For example coal cannot be transported at all - because car for this material is present from year 1940. Also raw oil cannot be transported in this year - for the same reason - lack of vehicles. And I could go on.

So, please, stop creation of buildings - and begin creation of vehicles. I know that someone of you created some planes. But planes are available later in time.

And also I found that only one locomotive that is present in this year (96c_011) has not all images.

I wish pak96.comic great future  :) - but great many work is needed to do.  :-X ... but I am not one who can do it.  :-[

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Do not make demands.

Feel free to make stuff for the pak yourself if you'd like to see it.

Do not complain.

Spartanis

Vaclav:

I share your pain! lol.. honestly i do. sometimes I feel there is so many items, vehicles, factories, missing in certian paks.

Gotta remember tho.. some pakset are created by one guy, others created with multiple persons with their addons.

Pak128britian idea was born by one guy, and the idea took hold, so many people can create addons to be included. Pak96comic, well its new, but not sure of its popularity.

If you wish to see pak96.comic grow with fantastic vehicles and such, perhaps you could look at creating some?

Have a look around in forums for how to create an addon. Feel free to ask questions, tips, and suggestions on creating an add-on. We are here to help.

(Btw, im waaaaay to busy to create some addons for pak96.comic, sorry! lol)

Václav

Quote from: Spartanis on August 08, 2012, 06:24:55 AM
Have a look around in forums for how to create an addon. Feel free to ask questions, tips, and suggestions on creating an add-on. We are here to help.
Spartanis, what pak96.comic needs are vehicles - but they are not kind of things where I am good in ... creation of them. Download my maglev trains from here and see their pictures. They are really awful ... and maybe a little comic in their simplicity of face in comparison of needs of pak128.

I could simply re-size them ... but final works to they be usable in pak96.comic are not on my side.

Spartanis

Had a look at your zip file.. I went straight tothe images folder and had a good  look at each of them. These are not bad actually. it is very good infact. ESPCIALLY for a comic feel.

Remember.. no one's perfect, not even I.. it took me 7 years of BLENDER 3d learning and 20 years of image manipulation to get to where i am right now lol... guess im a slow learner :)

I can help you create proper paks by teaching you to create pakset vehicles for pak96.comic? is this what you like'd?

Václav

Quote from: Spartanis on August 08, 2012, 11:01:28 AM
Had a look at your zip file.. I went straight to the images folder and had a good  look at each of them. These are not bad actually. it is very good infact. ESPECIALLY for a comic feel.
Thanks for info that it looks comic ... at least a little. But I am afraid of they are a bit modern.

Remember.. no one's perfect, not even I.. it took me 7 years of BLENDER 3d learning and 20 years of image manipulation to get to where i am right now lol... guess im a slow learner :)
There are some things I learn fast ... and some I learn slowly. But I don't use Blender. I use else software (vector editor for base work and GIMP for final work). For it buildings are (a little) easier to me to make them.

I can help you create proper paks by teaching you to create pakset vehicles for pak96.comic? is this what you like'd?
It would be fine. I think that the best way could be on changing of details of those trains I bid for example my creation for Simutrans. These trains are sole I ever created untiul this time. Do you agree?

Actually I try to fill czech translation of this pakset - but some translations (mostly of vehicles) will be missing for some time - or they will not be perfect.

Spartanis

Well.. So LONG you are happy with the outcome of those vehicles, does it matter who else thinks? lol

Ok.. first things first. Lets have a look at the DAT file of one of your vehicles. and pint out to me what needs changing/improving and/or fixing.

Ps: Bit modern trains yes. but its a start tho. once you get familiar with creating vehicles through those softwares you are familiar with, you be able to create older vehicles in no time!

Václav

Spartanis,
1. I have to re-scale their PNG to 96 ( :-[ it will take some time; few minutes  ;D).
2. You have dat files of those vehicles inside that archive you downloaded.

So, here they are - my trains ready for changing of face into needs of pak96.comic. All of them are in size of 96 - but without right face.