News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

[bug branch 8.x] Horrendous demolition costs

Started by sanna, May 25, 2010, 07:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanna

On a self-built Exp I get horrendous demolition costs for my own bus stops. In the attached save game, demolishing any bus stop will incur approx. 3 500 000.00 cr, which seems a bit much for a bus stop that costs a 100.00 cr to build.... *smile* The same demolition cost no matter if the bus stop is on public road or on road built by me.

Is there some setting that might have come over from Standard/Earlier versions that I should modify?

-----
runtime flags: --debug 3 --log 1: Log/debug output: Nothing that seems related.
Debian/Squeeze; gcc (Debian 4.4.2-9) 4.4.3 20100108 (prerelease)
Simutrans Exp: branch 8.x commit e3096bd3d072c9dc680f69a72279ceb5bd19c152
pak128.Britain-Ex 0.6
config.default:BACKEND = sdl / COLOUR_DEPTH = 16 / DEBUG = 3 /OPTIMISE = 1

Save game: http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Exp_busstop_demolition_bug.sve

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - those numbers seem greatly excessive. I had changed demolition costs to be a certain fraction of the station building costs - this seems like a bug. I shall have to investigate when I get back from holiday...
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

THis seems like signed/unsigned bug to me ...

AvG

James,
I realize, looking at your last posts, that you are probably on vacation by now.
Have a good time, lots of rest, etc. so you are prepared for lots of questions when you are back again. ;D
AvG
Ad van Gerwen

steffen

Enjoy the holiday :)
I'm getting this bug too, I tested it with train stations and the same happens. They all cost the same btw.

Brambo

I have this too. I hope you can fix it quickly, for it's a real game-breaker :( Hope you have enjoyed your holiday! :)

sanna

Quote from: Brambo on May 30, 2010, 11:07:24 AM
I have this too. I hope you can fix it quickly, for it's a real game-breaker :( Hope you have enjoyed your holiday! :)
It is a game breaker... the workaround I have been using is to switch to public player to demolish my stops... which btw does NOT incur the horrendous demolition cost..

jamespetts

Fond and fixed - fix will be available in version 8.1. Thank you for the report :-)
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

sanna

A new build from a git pull of branch 8.x seem to NOT have this problem any more. Thank you *smile*