News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Can I sustainably transport fewer than all of the inputs or outputs?

Started by T/C, October 11, 2015, 03:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T/C

If an industry is capable of producing two or more outputs, can I sustainably transport just one of them?

Likewise, if an industry consumes two or more inputs, can I sustainably deliver just one of them?

In regard to the second question, does the game make a distinction between industries like the ironworks and the market? The ironworks logically requires all of its inputs to function, whereas the market should be able to function with any subset of its inputs. Does the game recognize this difference?

Also, in the Consumption section of the industry window, there are three numbers per input like this: 0/0/15. The help page explains two of those numbers as the quantity currently stored and the maximum storage capacity, but what is the third number?

-TC

Ters

Quote from: T/C on October 11, 2015, 03:29:26 AM
If an industry is capable of producing two or more outputs, can I sustainably transport just one of them?

Yes.

Likewise, if an industry consumes two or more inputs, can I sustainably deliver just one of them?

In regard to the second question, does the game make a distinction between industries like the ironworks and the market? The ironworks logically requires all of its inputs to function, whereas the market should be able to function with any subset of its inputs. Does the game recognize this difference?

End consumers, like supermarkets, will operate as long as something it requires is supplied. Intermediate industries that consume something to make something else, need to have all the listed kinds of supplies in order to operate.

Also, in the Consumption section of the industry window, there are three numbers per input like this: 0/0/15. The help page explains two of those numbers as the quantity currently stored and the maximum storage

I'm not sure myself, but I believe the third (middle?) number is the amount of goods that is underway. This might also be different between the default JIT1 and the "new" JIT2.

Ters

It should perhaps also be noted that my answer are for normal settings. Simutrans can be configured to behave differently, but I don't what all the relevant settings are or their effect.