News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

No production from mines

Started by kny, October 02, 2014, 08:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kny

Guys, complete newbie. I tried to search the board before posting, but no luck. In case it matters, Simutrans#120, pak128.
I located a small coal mine that supply to steel mill. build a loading bay at both ends, ensuring that at least one grid is covering mine/mill. However, coal mine isn't producing - loading bay is always 0. in the details of the coal mine, at the chart, production is 0 too. So I figured out, what a smart concept, you need production, get workers there. Additional stops and lines were set up, now passengers are transfered, but the coal production is still 0. I obviously lack some concept. Anyone wants to guess which one?

Combuijs

1) There must be a contract between coal mine and steel mill, e.g. in the list of consumers of the coal mine should be the steel mill. If that's not the case, no goods will be exchanged
2) Both loading bays should be enabled for goods. Build something of a warehouse near both to be sure.
3) You must have vehicles assigned with the right type of goods (bulk goods in this case) between both loading bays (direct or indirect)

Workers and mail are not needed, although they might stimulate a higher production.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

kny

1) contract is present, doublechecked at both ends.
2) ah, special construction. added and now it works. So, what's the reason of warehouse, please? If loading bay is already for goods (not passengers), what makes warehouse special?
3) doublechecked, it is (bought using filter)

DrSuperGood

Quote2) ah, special construction. added and now it works. So, what's the reason of warehouse, please? If loading bay is already for goods (not passengers), what makes warehouse special?
Some loading bays are of type "generic cargo" such as airport docks. Although they have storage capacity, they do not have a type of cargo associated with them as such no goods can be picked up. This is why it is not sufficient to make an airport of stops only and why you always need some sort of storage building or warehouse associated with it.

You can tell if the stop type has cargo associated with it by reading the floating tooltip before selecting. It has to say "goods" for it to supply goods pickup. Other kinds of pickup are passengers and mail which both have their own pickup type.

gauthier

You are talking about road loading bays, right ? I tried to reproduced your bug with both types of loading bays available in pak128 but all worked well, there's no need of a warehouse. Your problem might have been caused by something else.

kny

thanks guys. Yes, talking about road loading bays. It happens to me all the time that I run into weird issues. If that would help, I'm glad to post save (but I think I already saved after confirming warehouse works)

gauthier

Indeed posting your savegame before would have helped understanding the problem. Have you tried removing the warehouses to see if it's still working ?

kny

Sorry guys, not yet; been out for a while with no access to game and hardware. It's still on the track (pun intended:))