News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

st.fpservice.ipactive.de - pak.german

Started by Frank, September 04, 2010, 10:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

pak.german_net - Port 13355

pak.german_0-102-3c_net.zip ~ 6 Mbyte

upd_0-102-3d_net.zip
* FIX: alignment and grafic error MSP_Postwagen
* FIX: alignment BR232, BR219, BR155, BR01, BR38, BR39, BR45
* FIX: alignment BR242, BR120, BR185, CityBahn-Wagen, CityBahn-Wagen_orange
* FIX: alignment Fcs_catg2
* CHG: BR155 cost and runningcost
* CHG: BR150 cost and runningcost
* ADD: green_fence ( Butch7th ) - Addon

upd_0-102-3e_net.zip
* ADD: symbols state line ( r3872 )
* CHG: Post_Opel intro_year
* FIX: grafics error IND_21_19

upd_0-102-3e1_net.zip
* CHG: Hochbahn_Stromschiene maintenance
* CHG: NarrowTunnel_1 maintenance
* CHG: Station_MK_V-Halle remove retire year

the name is pak.german_net

for connect
- press n
- click 'download list'
- select 'st.fpservice.ipactive.de'
- click 'join game'

up to version 0.102.3b right in main menu a button

System
CPU: 2,2 GHz AMD Athlon64 3500+
RAM: 2 GByte
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6100 ( chipset graphics )

vilvoh

Joined succesfully and enjoyed playing... ;D

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Joined successfully, started player 10 - but after 15 minutes, all I had managed to do was to lay down 6 tiles of road.

It was taking 1-2 minutes after clicking a tool for the tool to actually be selected. :-/

jonasbb

I have the same problem, that simutrans take extremely long to perform actions.
I hadn't have the problem a few versions before.

For me it helps, if I make my st windows smaller.

Dwachs

Quote from: jonasbb on September 05, 2010, 12:27:42 PM
I hadn't have the problem a few versions before.
Do you still know, which revision worked better? I have similar problem with my old laptop, if the server runs on a faster computer. But there is room to improve this timing.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jonasbb

I do know which versions exactly. 3630 has worked better, but there where other problems.
I think the problem must be in the last 10-20 revisions. More 10 than 20.

prissi

Nothing was changed on the timing there.

TurfIt

A few network/multiplayer thoughts after a few hours on the server. Used Windows/SDL 102.3-3738 and 3744.

1) Desyncs - Lost sync twice on the new year transition. Game time is passing so slowly I couldn't wait for a third attempt.
   - Lost repeatably on clicking new line in the line management tool. Tried a few hours later and it's working now...
   - Lost a couple times when scrolling around.
   - Lost when some other player kept pause/unpause/pause/unpause...
   - Lost a couple times when just it was just sitting.
   - Can usually reconnect right away. A couple times the server IP remained pingable but simutrans couldn't find a server. And now most recently, simutrans says "server busy" ??.

2) Responsiveness - Generally ok. I'm pinging 150ms to the server afternoon, 300ms late evening (thanks peer1!). Adding train cars in the depot is the only thing that's really unbearable. It takes 3-10 clicks on the car before it actually adds to the convoi, the rest of the clicks are ignored.

3) Joining process - Not good. Game seems to hiccup for ~30secs as other players are joining. Once they join all your open windows close and you're forced back to the human player. Other players joining needs to be smoother for those already connected. I presume the forced window closing/human player are due to the forced load game when another player joins. Instead of the forced load, perhaps the server could pause the game, send it to the new player, and unpause once the new player is ready?

4) Renaming - Client's can't rename anything (signs, stops, lines, etc.) except locally, which is lost on rejoin. The ability to use signs for ingame communication would helpful.

5) Oddities - might not be related to network but simply multiplayer.
   - My trains are retaining their speed at signals. i.e. if they arrive at a red signal at 50km/h, when the signal turns green they start accelerating from 50 instead of 0. The others players trains in the game are not exhibiting this behaviour. Sometimes my trains behave too...
   - Goods distribution from factories is being limited by the players stop with the least capacity. eg. Player 1 has a truck stop capacity 64, Player 2 has a train station capacity 320 both connected to the same factory. Once both stops have ~64 goods waiting, the factories output store starts filling up instead of Player 2s partially full station.

prissi

For desyncs, you really need to match the server executable revision. Any changes will likely give desyncs. Currently you can join with wrong version.

The renaming is under work; also labels would need renaming.

Reloading map is needed upon joining. However, position (and player) should be able to be kept easily.

5) look rather like normal bugs.

jonasbb

To point 4)
It would be great if there were an in game chat. Maybe also with saving the last 200 messenges, so that new player can see old messenges.

@prissi:
would it be possible to add a version to the communication protocol.
So that you can join with different revisions, but only if they have the same protocol version.

TurfIt

Quote from: prissi on September 09, 2010, 09:37:49 PM
For desyncs, you really need to match the server executable revision. Any changes will likely give desyncs. Currently you can join with wrong version.

The game info said "Revision: 3738" so I grabbed 3738 from the nighties. I presume the game info is displaying the server version. I have no idea what version others were using or if they can cause me to desync.

Reloading map is needed upon joining. However, position (and player) should be able to be kept easily.

Any chance of the windows you have open surviving the load process? I expect not... A warning to finish your task before the load would be nice. In the middle of setting a schedule, someone joins, the vehicle gets stuck in route finding mode and won't let you into the schedule again. (server appears to have crashed shortly afterwards so I can't tell if the vehicle ever recovered)

5) look rather like normal bugs.

I'll try to recreate in a multiplayer non-network setup. I've never encountered them in single player mode.

Dwachs

Quote from: TurfIt on September 09, 2010, 07:36:02 PM
A few network/multiplayer thoughts after a few hours on the server. Used Windows/SDL 102.3-3738 and 3744.
1) Desyncs
Thank you for your detailed response. Desyncs may happen due to the following reasons:

(1) network connection lost (for example: your provider stops your connection, the simutrans server crashed etc)

(2) incompatible simutrans versions

(3) simulations are not synchron anymore, that is sooner or later your game copy and that on the server diverges. Reasons could be: non-identical paksets (this should be checked before connecting, implementation in progress) or BUGS in the simutrans engine itself

(4) your client's simulation is ahead in time of the server's simulation, and your client get a command that he should execute at a point in gametime that has alread passed. Reasons: general timing hickup^^ Possilble cure: the server should decrease the simuconf.tab parameter  'server_frames_between_checks' (default 256, minimum 1)

As to (3) and (4): it should be noted that the simutrans client-server-model requires that all modifications to the game world are done identically on all clients/server. That is, the execution of some tool has to be done exactly at the same moment of in-game time. That said, if the simulation on your client is far behind the server's simulation, you will experience the lags if you want to do something: each click is processed some seconds/minutes later.

Quote from: jonasbb on September 09, 2010, 09:50:15 PM
To point 4)
It would be great if there were an in game chat. Maybe also with saving the last 200 messenges, so that new player can see old messenges.

Quote from: jonasbb on September 09, 2010, 09:50:15 PM
To point 4)
Of course. Its a matter of available developer's time. Any helping hand is most welcome!!!!!!11111 had to emphasize that :D
@prissi:
would it be possible to add a version to the communication protocol.
So that you can join with different revisions, but only if they have the same protocol version.
Would be possible.

prissi

Different revisions means different game engines => almost immeadiate desync. Joining with a wrong revision is not relyable at all.

Also reloading has to be done at the exactly same moment on all players. It may be possible to avoid closing all windows, change the position, keep the player, ... , this needs to be checked. THus you tool would be resetted in any case.

A message function is high priority as the renaming and currently in progress. Maybe finished this weekend.

diegoviagens

I want to register to play online as a player in July
Simutrans - Orgulho de desenvolvimento no Brasil.

visit my site:www.andersongama.webs.com

Frank

update your set, please

upd_0-102-3b.zip

changes

* FIX: constraint SVT877_b
* FIX: alignment catg7_Anhaenger_4 - Trauben
* ADD: button in main menu for Game info
* FIX: simuconf.tab

Dwachs

If the server crashes today, please send me a PN. I can restart if Frank is not available.

jamespetts

Had a desync using latest Standard nightly: just scrolling the map.

Edit: Have been playing this for a while now (as player 6 - purple). I get quite frequent desyncs (every 1-5 minutes). Also, building using click and drag is more or less impossible - the UI is totally unresponsive. Could it not be worked so that the dragging part and the cost estimate was client side only, and the command was only sent to the server when the mouse button was released? Also, is there a shortcut function for the message ("t" is a common key to use)? Having to use two mouseclicks to access a chat feature is not ideal. I also notice that player messages are not saved in the message centre between load/save cycles, and that line names are not preserved after loading/saving. There is also no way (or, at least, no easy way) of telling who else is online at the same time.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

diegoviagens

[EN]

I have realized that online game that many are going too fast failure is for reasons of high prices or matters of gameplay.
I have also noticed that cities are filling up with several points of players, which in my view a vision of beauty is completely contrary.
So bring the following suggestion:

if there were conditions to restart the game and establishes the following guidelines:

distribution of cities:

suggest a distribution of 12 cities around the map, plus a central city, where this would be borne by the public power to organize the points and stops for urban, not allowing any player put a stop private. would bid the lines operating here on the forum and each company would be responsible for managing their routes. this city was the central metropolis

12 other cities would be distributed among the players and each would be responsible for managing and developing the cities. in the case of population increase and transportation prove defective, the governor (the coordinator of the game) would by bidding on the lines deficient.

industries would be free of freedom for players who could afford to maintain routes.

so I think that would be less bankrupt companies and making the most of space on the ground of the map.

as I said, is just a suggestion and invite you all to think.

[PT]

Tenho percebido nesse jogo OnLine que muitos estão indo a falência rápido demais seja por motivos de preços altos ou por questões de jogabilidade.

Tenho percebido também que as cidades estão se enchendo de pontos de vários jogadores, o que ao meu ver em uma visão de beleza, esta totalmente contrária.
Por isso trago a seguinte sugestão:

se houvesse condições de se reiniciar o jogo e estabelece-se diretrizes de seguintes pontos:

distribuição das cidades:

sugiro uma distribuição de 12 cidades pelo mapa, e mais uma cidade central, onde este seria a cargo do poder publico organizar os pontos e paradas de transporte urbano, não se permitindo que nenhum jogador colocasse uma parada privada. seria licitado as linhas de exploração aqui no fórum e cada empresa ficaria responsável para administrar suas rotas. essa cidade seria a metrópole central

as outras 12 cidades seriam distribuídas entre os jogadores e cada um ficaria responsável por administrar e desenvolver as cidades. no caso de aumento de população e o transporte se mostrar deficiente, o governador (coordenador do jogo) iria por em licitação as linhas defasadas.

as indústrias seriam de livre liberdade para os jogadores que tivesse condições de manter as rotas.

assim creio eu que teriam menos empresas falidas e o melhor aproveitamento de espaço no terreno do mapa.

como já disse, é so uma sugestão e convido a todos a pensarem.

Mod note: please avoid the use of text formatting (like colors, bold, CAPS LOCK and font size) when it makes the reading difficult or when it is not necessary.
~IgorEliezer
Simutrans - Orgulho de desenvolvimento no Brasil.

visit my site:www.andersongama.webs.com

smu42

I've tried that with the nightly (sept 11) for simutrans as well as pak64.
When I click "join game" it crashes with the following message:

QuoteFATAL ERROR: fabrik_t::rdwr()
no besch for Gasthaus_2

What did I do wrong?

jonasbb

You need the correct pakset.
The correct is: pak.german 0.102.3b net

The set is linked in the first post. You have to download "pak.german 0.102.3a net" and "pak.german 0.102.3b net" and merge both.

jamespetts

I notice that desyncs are much less frequent with r3766.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Can no longer connect - I get the "server busy" error.

Edit: Working now.

Frank

Break was active, for whatever reason always

TurfIt

Quote from: Frank on September 12, 2010, 07:01:02 PM
Break was active, for whatever reason always

I was connected when this happened. I observed a player join and the game never resumed from the pause state. Manually attempting to unpause had no effect. I exited simutrans and got 'server busy' when trying to reconnect. I frequently observe pause/unpause/pause/...  stutters after a player connects. If I'm doing anything related to convoi schedules when this happens, I desync very shortly later.

EDIT: Exact same thing just happened again. It reloaded the game as though someone joined, got stuck in paused, and now 'server busy'