News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

changed texts

Started by Frank, August 09, 2009, 03:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

In Line Managment/Schedule window the button text 'replicate backwards'.

This text is to long for button. Changed to 'route backward'?

Object 'return ticket'

jamespetts

I use "mirror schedule" in my en.tab for Simutrans-Experimental, which accurately describes the function and fits the button nicely.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

sanna

The text on the "inverse" button on the station list filter is also too long for its size. Would "inv." be too cryptic?

Edit: Perhaps the "Filter types:" label should be changed to "Station types:" or "Stop types:" (which is more generic?) to reflect that all the filters under that category are stops/stations?

Edit II: (sorry about posting before thinking... *smile*) There is also a problem of balance between "Goods needed" and "Production". German "Nimmt an" and "Gibt ab" much more naturally forms a pair. Maybe "Incoming goods" and "Outgoing goods" would work, but I am afraid they are a bit long.

Frank

Quote from: sanna on August 11, 2009, 06:39:40 AM
Edit: Perhaps the "Filter types:" label should be changed to "Station types:" or "Stop types:" (which is more generic?) to reflect that all the filters under that category are stops/stations?
not good

The text is also used to make other.

for example Vehicle List Filter

EDIT The button 'inv.' in Vehicle List Filter does not seem to be translated.

Edit II: (sorry about posting before thinking... *smile*) There is also a problem of balance between "Goods needed" and "Production". German "Nimmt an" and "Gibt ab" much more naturally forms a pair. Maybe "Incoming goods" and "Outgoing goods" would work, but I am afraid they are a bit long.

'goods in' and 'goods out'

sanna

Quote from: Frank on August 11, 2009, 08:06:50 AM
not good

The text is also used to make other.

for example Vehicle List Filter
Ah, then of course leaving it as it is is necessary.

Quote from: Frank on August 11, 2009, 08:06:50 AM
'goods in' and 'goods out'
Sounds good to me, but perhaps a native English speaker could comment?

Frank: at SimuTranslator a few of these button texts are of type button_text, but many of them are of type program_text. I think it would be easier to get a consistent UI if all of them were in button_text since they would be easier to compare then. Is that possible to achieve?

Frank

Quote from: sanna on August 11, 2009, 02:56:34 PM
Frank: at SimuTranslator a few of these button texts are of type button_text, but many of them are of type program_text. I think it would be easier to get a consistent UI if all of them were in button_text since they would be easier to compare then. Is that possible to achieve?

The grouping, there are not as long. And I have myself not yet so intense so addressed to all texts grouping.

Previously everything was program_text.

jamespetts

In cases where the full description is too long to fit on a button, I favour using an abbreviation and then having a tooltip with the full description.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.