News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

[#ad706c4] Changing prices via price manager (line manager) crashes the server

Started by Spenk009, December 05, 2017, 04:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spenk009

I noticed the new price manager feature in the line window and opened it. Upon reassigning a class, the client immediately lost synchronisation with the server.

It works in single player, as tested in the same instance that the server disconnected.

This tool is exactly what we needed to manage the large amounts of vehicles in lines especially in the horse-drawn ages with many vehicles per line.

Ves

Hmm, I have done it so it calls via the convoy-tool as the vehicle class/price manager. I did, however, modify the tool. Was it possible to reassign classes for the individual convoys as usual?

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. Does this actually crash the server (i.e., is the server unresponsive for some time after the client loses sync, and then resumes with all of the changes made since the server last saved the game missing), or does it just desync the client (the server being responsive immediately after the client disconnects and, on re-loading, it is evident that no data has been lost)?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Spenk009

Ves: I'm sorry I couldn't check that. I believe I checked it earlier on, where it worked well.

James: Yes, it immediately crashed the server. It was offline and unavailable for the next few minutes. After my last connect, I believe it recovered from the last save point.

Edit: This is now fixed. Thank you very much, the rate of fixing things is incredible!

Ves

jamespetts

I did not do anything to fix it, either - I have just had dinner. Unless having dinner fixes Simutrans bugs (which I doubt, but would be splendid if this were the case), the bug might either be intermittent, or the server crash might have been caused by something else.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

I was riding a train, maybe that was it? It was with economical class comfort though, but the prices had definitively been reassigned to first class.....!  ;D

Spenk009

A good meal always helps, so that may have been it.

Jokes aside, could it have been that the save/line hadn't made provisions for the function and the server hadn't initialized the possibility of using the tool? Regardless, let's hope we don't encounter this one again...