News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Fixed Size for the Map Window

Started by NNW, February 11, 2015, 08:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NNW

After each game start you have to adjust the map window size by hand.
Is it possible to assign a fixed size to this window?

Fabio

Rather than fixed i would say saved, but yeah, this is an extension request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ters

Is it just me, or has the default height of the minimap window been drastically reduced in the last year or so? (I have not been playing much the last six months.)

DrSuperGood

The mini-map needs better colour control as well. I was using it to look for missed passenger/mail destinations and the problem is that those dots share the same colour as various other elements on the mini-map making it impossible to tell for sure if you are missing service to an area or not.

NNW

Quote from: Ters on February 11, 2015, 04:39:21 PM
Is it just me, or has the default height of the minimap window been drastically reduced in the last year or so? (I have not been playing much the last six months.)
No it is, or our Displays are grown  ;D

prissi

Tzhe minimap opens (or at least should open) with the tileable default size of stations, convois and most other map objects.

Ters

Quote from: prissi on February 12, 2015, 09:21:24 PM
Tzhe minimap opens (or at least should open) with the tileable default size of stations, convois and most other map objects.

The width is correct, but the height, for me at least, is probably slightly smaller than the default for any other window with tileable widths. Minimap indeed. Thumbnail size, literally.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: Ters on February 13, 2015, 05:55:03 AM
Thumbnail size, literally.

Either you have huge thumbs or a huge monitor. hehe

Ters

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on February 13, 2015, 02:07:33 PM
Either you have huge thumbs or a huge monitor. hehe

I didn't say it was my thumbnail. (Although it isn't far off.) And a huge monitor would make the map bigger. A high-res monitor on the other hand. (My monitor is no longer large or high-res by current standards.)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Huge resolution is what I meant to say, but either way kidding around. :)

I also have noticed that the map opens short and wide these days, but I always resize it anyway, so no worries for me. :)