News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Freight Station Coverage Inconsistency

Started by Jando, August 20, 2017, 08:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

Hello James and others!

Here's a screenshot: http://files.simutrans.com/index.php/s/gdhdaH0J5VxmEwD

You see a colliery where 4 stops have been placed at the maximum freight coverage distance (3 tiles from industry) north-west, south-west, north-east and south-east of the colliery. You see on the screenshot that the information for the stops indicate that the colliery is within the coverage area, however the information for the industry shows it outside the coverage area.

Vladki

I hope I have reported this earlier. It seems that the coverage is in some circumstances evaluated as diamond (or Manhattan distance). So it is 3 tiles to the east, but only one to south-east.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Jando

Aye, Vladki, I don't even mind the coverage area. What I find odd is that the stops say the colliery is covered, but the colliery says it's not. :)

Vladki

But that is what I say. Stops see the coverage in different (square) shape that factories (diamond). Unfortunately only the smaller (diamond) area works.

jamespetts

I think that I have managed to fix this; would you be able to re-test to confirm?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

Thank you, James, no inconsistency found in newest nightly.