News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

SMSC July 2014: The City Park

Started by An_dz, July 14, 2014, 11:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

Rules
  • Only one picture per user
  • Picture max size: 1366x768 px
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic: The City Park
  • You may use any pakset you want, but only one
  • Zoom is allowed
  • Choose one of the available licenses
  • Please indicate if it's from a real game or not
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used
  • Please include a name for your image
  • You can upload the picture to an image hosting service like imgur, imageshack.us or photobucket and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at July 29th. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)
Prizes:
  • Compliments by the community
  • Become the cover picture of our Facebook page
  • Become the Simutrans homepage image
Terms:
You must post only images under the following licenses: CC0, CC-BY 3.0 or newer, CC-BY-SA 3.0 or newer.

Alex. Brose

+++ pak192.comic with addons +++ no real game +++ license: cc +++ "Pixel Museum Park" +++ "Museum of Pixel History - The pixel has been the denominating factor of any Simuthanians live for millennias. This glorious museum shows the history of pixel manufacturing, from stone age to modern live. A must see is a traditional pixel manufacturing site, where young and old Simuthanians are encouraged to shape their world. In front of the museum, a large park invites to spend some time relaxing in shadows of exotic trees." +++

Sarlock

Nice!  Hard to compete with pak192.comic these days :)
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

An_dz

Hard to compete with Alex, this guys is a factory of great graphics.

And there's Leartin, Flemm, Taurus ...

BBGunn

Alex drips pak192.comic graphics like most of us drip sweat.
Another beautiful day!

私が日本語の間違いをしたら、すみません。
Desculpe-me quaisquer erros portugueses.  Sou só aprendiz.

Leartin

Oremine Park

To spare the inhabitants of Oremine Hill with the noise and view of the nearby oremine, they planted a forest barrier. With time, more and more pathwalks through the forest emerged, until it was declared the "Oremine Park" by the city counsil and restructured. Finally, a not very smart businessman buildt the green skyscraper, which has a 'really nice' view over the deserted land around the ore mine.

*pak192.comic (unreleased version)
*obviously not a real game
*CC0

vorlon

Wow. Those buildings are stunning! Pak128 has dominated the contests for awhile, but it seems those days are permanently over. I shall see if I have time and ideas to try and match those screenshots now that the bar has been set this high. :) I feel pak128 should defend itself although I wouldn't mind in the slightest if the pakset behind those pictures became the new face of simutrans.

Sarlock

I enjoy the challenge... sets a new bar that we have to raise ourselves to :)

gauthier

I think Pak128 suffers from its inconsistent graphics, there are too different graphic styles in it.

samkof

Quote from: BBGunn on July 18, 2014, 05:22:59 AM
Alex drips pak192.comic graphics like most of us drip sweat.

With the current weather in the Netherlands this goes very fast!

Sarlock

Quote from: gauthier on July 19, 2014, 07:57:08 AM
I think Pak128 suffers from its inconsistent graphics, there are too different graphic styles in it.

There is enough graphics in pak128 to make 3 different paksets... it does indeed suffer from a lot of styles, added to over the many years.  It does give a lot of nice options for building a screenshot for the contests, however.  pak192.comic's beautiful simplicity in its style makes it very visually appealing.

vorlon

Maybe the city generation should make automatically separate neighbourhoods or city districts with different building styles. I agree that the auto-generated pak128 cities are like it's forests, "fruit salad" style.

Leartin

You know, there was a party going on for a few days in the pak192.comic developer chat because of the awesome feedback ;) clearly, we are on the right way visually.

Quote from: vorlon on July 19, 2014, 08:17:29 PM
Maybe the city generation should make automatically separate neighbourhoods or city districts with different building styles. I agree that the auto-generated pak128 cities are like it's forests, "fruit salad" style.

Clustering might help. The "districts" would only be one block of houses, but it could still be an improvement. Additionally, I think it's fair to assume that a neighbourhood/city district code would be based on how the clustering works, just with a bigger distance and amount of buildings to check, so replacing "cluster=X" with "neighbourhood=X" at a later time should be possible with a textcrawler.

gauthier

Quote from: vorlon on July 19, 2014, 08:17:29 PM
Very good idea indeed. I thought of it with cities (having a city building only houses of the same style) too.

Michael 'Cruzer'

Central Park

Not the biggest but the most beautiful Central Park - here in Simuthania Downtown.

pak192.comic (nightly build) || not a real game || CC0
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

ger

Fifty´s server Park.

Derivated from a multiplayer online game, the cities of Renlock and Appingcross, decided to open a large park with trees and lakes, in the middle of the highways and railways that cross this part of country.

*pak64, no addons. (Simutrans 120.0 RC r7175)
*From a real multiplayer game (Now finished), but some buildings and the forest was added after to enrich the screenshot
*CC0

Lus1531

Old rail vehicle park & Green space

Park in the upper left, is exhibiting a vehicle that my company used in the past.
Park in the lower right, is nearby a few stops from the city center, green space for relaxation and refreshment of the citizens.

*pak64 + more addons(102.2.2)
*real game(from multi-player game BS64-5 of BattleSimutrans project)
*CC0
BattleSimutrans project(Japanese)
In japanese,"Lus" is spelled "ラス".

sheldon_cooper

This is a much sought after park in my city, it is the only one that has native trees for your area.

-Not a real game
-pak128
-CCO

SilverHorse

Parque de la Isla.

It's in the west of Burgos (in the North of Spain), at the riverside. Its name (Island Park or Promenade) comes from a real island formed by the Arlanzón river and a mill canal. Its construction began during the French domain.

It has different kinds of gardens and plants (it's a botanic garden), some of them are from other continents. Also, it has many monuments, such as several fountains (one from a monastery), a pond with the province shape, two baptismal fonts, a romanesque arch and a bust of Miguel de Cervantes.

This promenade finishes at Malatos bridge, a part of the Way of Saint James. At the other riverside is the Military Hospital.

At these screenshot (at the fifties) I tried to play this park, including the bridge. The buses have the livery of Burgos urban service bus (one line in each riverside). Also, we can see a Citröen post van.

For this created scenario (not real game), I used pak 128 with Spanish Addons.

You can get these and these Addons at The Simutrans Boxroom.

Under CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.

KneeOn

I'm not really sure what constitutes a real game. I place tracks and run a service and maintain stations/depots/signals but use the public player to place cities where needed, place buildings where I want a different district etc and to make things look good. I didn't just make this park for the competition.

Pak64 - Carl Barkers UK Trains version

CC

The termini for the capital city makes  the usage of cross town transport essential. Initially a tram way was considered with two strips of park flanking to create a much needed green space. Eventually the decision was build the new north/south link as a suspended railway over the new city park, to provide a pleasant gateway to the still growing financial district for foreign investors to be welcomed by.

The Line Above The Trees