News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

reload_and_save_on_quit = 0 causing fatal error

Started by Moe Ron, July 23, 2016, 11:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moe Ron

After changing reload_and_save_on_quit from 1 to 0, any attempt to start Simutrans 120.1.2 Experimental - Dev build 12.9000 leads to a fatal error message of "settings_t::rdwr() - Too many (26979) city roads!"

What should be done to remedy this?

jamespetts

Thank you for reporting this: this appears to be a bug, and I will have to look into this when I get home. Does changing this back again for the time being allow you to continue to use Simutrans?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Moe Ron

Quote from: jamespetts on July 24, 2016, 12:14:16 AM
Thank you for reporting this: this appears to be a bug, and I will have to look into this when I get home. Does changing this back again for the time being allow you to continue to use Simutrans?

At this time, no. Only the initial change caused the bug, and toggling the value back to 1 does not fix the issue.

Is there a way to change the file that is loaded on startup? If the default load file could be the issue, then changing it might be a quick fix.

jamespetts

You could try deleting settings_experimental.xml, which is the file to which you refer.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.