News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Bus route through schedule hours.

Started by sheldon_cooper, February 21, 2018, 05:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheldon_cooper

Hello everyone!! Currently in the standard simutrans, the lines can be controlled by quantity, an example, you decide if the bus will leave empty of your stop, or 50% of its capacity, or the bus will only leave, if it reaches its maximum capacity of people of 100 %, is of your choice.
But I have been thinking the following, in certain situations, this can overload other stops of the line
the solution could be to create a specific time system, this can make it easier for the line to be balanced, and the stops will always be with few people because the bus will always pass in a certain time, not everything at once.
example: Bus departure time> starting point [A]: 08:00.
Passing through the point at 08:10
Passing through the point [C] at 08:15
Passing through the point [D] at 08:30
Passing through the point [E] at 08:40
After passing through point [E], the bus returns to the starting point and waits for 09:00 hours.
(any bus on the line that arrives at the starting point [A], must wait for the schedule one at a time)
is it possible to apply this in Simutrans? What do you think of the idea?

jamespetts

We already have a system that has the same function, although it works slightly differently, in Simutrans-Extended: you can set fixed departure intervals for all convoys on a certain line using the "wait for time" option in the schedule dialogue when creating or editing a line.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

sheldon_cooper

Yes, but this time system works on 1/512 scale throughout the month. I did some tests, 1/16 the month is equivalent to 1 hour, in the simutrans time.
But it only works as a matter of determining the minimum load.

jamespetts

Quote from: sheldon_cooper on February 21, 2018, 04:15:38 PM
Yes, but this time system works on 1/512 scale throughout the month. I did some tests, 1/16 the month is equivalent to 1 hour, in the simutrans time.
But it only works as a matter of determining the minimum load.

Do you mean that you want to be able to set a spacing number higher than 1/512th of a month? In Pak128.Britain-Ex, one month in the long timescale equates to 6.4 hours in the short timescale (and it is the short timescale that matters for these purposes), so 1/512th of a month is 45 seconds. Do you really need to be able to set schedules with precision of greater than 45 seconds? This level of precision is extremely rare in reality: half-minute timings (used on railways for working timetables) are the most precise timings of which I am aware.

As for the minimum load, although the system was originally tied to the minimum load, ever since the release of the 12.0 version of Simutrans-Extended, the wait for time feature works independently of the minimum load.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

ACarlotti

Quote from: jamespetts on February 21, 2018, 04:32:54 PM
Do you really need to be able to set schedules with precision of greater than 45 seconds? This level of precision is extremely rare in reality: half-minute timings (used on railways for working timetables) are the most precise timings of which I am aware.

Some of the London timetables are more precise - I think the DLR runs in quarter minutes (which was displayed as alternating 12 and 18 second gaps in the source I saw), and the Victoria line switched to a 5 second resolution when they started running more than 30 tph. But I think this is level of precision can still be implemented in Simutrans Extended.

However, I notice the following remark:

Quote from: sheldon_cooper on February 21, 2018, 05:00:04 AM
Hello everyone!! Currently in the standard simutrans, ...

Can you confirm whether you are using Simutrans Extended or Simutrans (Standard)? You posted this in a board dedicate to Simutrans Extended, but your comments suggest that you're using Standard.

sheldon_cooper

Quote from: ACarlotti on February 21, 2018, 06:05:39 PM
Can you confirm whether you are using Simutrans Extended or Simutrans (Standard)? You posted this in a board dedicate to Simutrans Extended, but your comments suggest that you're using Standard.
Good observation !! I play more of the standard simutrans, but I also use the extended version, (so my confusion  :o ;D). This my idea of schedule is more complex, so I found the implementation in the extended version better.

It's just an idea, so I made this topic, to see what you guys think.  :)

jamespetts

May I ask what you think that the system that you suggest would do that the current system in Extended does not? I am afraid that I am not entirely clear on that; perhaps I am being slow - if so, my apologies.