News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Snow after loading the game without snow. Is it possible?

Started by sheldon_cooper, March 19, 2014, 12:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheldon_cooper

Hello! I wish my game would snow, but the settings I did, the game does not snow, however, do not want to delete my game.
How do I make the game falls snow without having to delete my game?

IgorEliezer

Quote from: sheldon_cooper on March 19, 2014, 12:40:47 AMHow do I make the game falls snow without having to delete my game?
Well, you can't. Once you have created the world, the snowline height is saved internally in the savegame. (unless there's any brute force way to hack the save file that I'm not aware of)

Have you started building something? You could copy the seed number (map number) that you used to create the world and recreate the world with a lower snow line.

An_dz

No, you can. One way, the hard way, is saving as XML and editing the file with a text editor, the easy way is by assigning a key to configuration window:

Open /simutrans/pak**/config/ directory and open menuconf.tab with a text editor. Search for dialog_tool[ you'll find a list of them.

Look for dialog_tool[27], if it does not exist add this:
dialog_tool[27]=,I
If it already exist check what is after the comma, that's the assigned key, if it's uppercase the shortcut is Shift+key, if it has ^ the shortcut is Ctrl+key. If there's no comma add it and add a key to assign a shortcut. In the code above the shortcut is Shift+I.

Save the file and open your game, use the shortcut and look for the climates tab. Change the winter snowline setting and close the dialog without clicking the buttons. Save you savegame and your good.

Combuijs

And for good measure: in the game it never snows live. There are no snowflakes falling. You see the landscape just after the last snowflake has fallen.  8)
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Sarlock

It works just fine... I do it all the time while testing snow graphics for new pakset objects.  :)
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

sheldon_cooper

First, thanks for the help. :)
mine was (dialog_tool [26]), as you said, I changed to (dialog_tool [27] =, I) opened my game and typed Shift + I. Appeared (hotkeys) but the (climate) has no option. What I did wrong?

Ters

First of all, changing dialog_tool[26] to dialog_tool[27] destroys whatever dialog_tool[26] is. If there is no dialog_tool[27], just add it. (Or does the lack of dialog_tool[27] mean that you have an old version of Simutrans that doesn't support this?) Second, I don't think there should be a space between the comma and the I.

An_dz

Ters is perfect, I did not say you should change dialog_tool[26] to 27 I said you should add it if it does not exist. And must have no spaces at all.

What pakset and Simutrans version are you using?

An_dz

First you must be running Simutrans 112.3. This information is shown in the title bar.

I recommend you update pak128 to 2.3.0 too. Don't extract pak128 2.3.0 over old version as this may cause more problems, rename your old pak128 and then extract the new.

Then just head to config/menuconf.tab open it and replace:
#dialog_tool[27]=
TO:
dialog_tool[27]=,^i

Now you can open the dialog with Ctrl+i, this won't conflict with any shortcut.

sheldon_cooper

If I install this version 112.3 would have to delete my saved game?
One more question, this code only works on version 112.3? And why not work in version 111.0?, Which is my version today.

Ters