News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Vision problems

Started by fake116, June 13, 2014, 01:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fake116

I have been playing Simutrans on and off for a few years a love the game, but I recently purchased a new monitor high-resolution and now I'm having trouble. The icons (specifically the menu bar) are so small that I have a hard time seeing which is which and I frequently mis-click. The same is true for the tiny scroll bars. I have tried multiple PAKs (64, 128, Comic 192), but they all seem about the same. Is there a way to make the entire window large?

Thanks!

kierongreen

You could try running the game in full screen mode at a lower resolution. Other than that there'd have to be a solution similar to that for retina displays on macs.

Ters

Windows has a magnifier, although it might not be well suited for Simutrans. It affects the entire desktop, so keeping the focus on just Simutrans and not pan off to somewhere else can be challenging.

prissi

This problem is partly solved in the current release. Only fonts cannot be properly enlarged yet.

You can enlarge the icons and dialogue buttons. Edit the file themes.dat in the simutrans program directory. There is a standard-large.tab file. There are essentially two parameters:

# larger icons too (must be smaller than 128 for most paks)
icon_width = 48

# use the larger Button height
gui_button_height = 22

Future versions may use the dpi setting of the screen for default, and also use larger fonts.