News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

maps directory...

Started by Max-Max, July 01, 2013, 11:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max-Max

I was doing some testing and couldn't understand why the relief maps didn't show up in the load dialogue. After some debugging I found out that the maps directory must be located under the used PAK file directory.

Is this intentionally? Isn't the relief maps PAK independent and should be located under umgebung_t::program_dir like the conif, music, skin and fonts are located?
- My code doesn't have bugs. It develops random features...

kierongreen

The intention was for it to be in the same directory structure as saved games as people often add heightmaps.

Max-Max

Alright, will see if I can fix it... Forget about it, it was my mistake :)

Another thing. What is the intended file structure of addons?
Is it [save_game_map]/addons/[pak_set_name_map] ?
(just checking)

Dwachs

Looks right: under linux it is

~/simutrans/addons/pakxyz

Windows: it could be something like

My Documents\simutrans\addons\pakbla
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Max-Max

Thank you, I was a bit confused first because I thought I would find the maps and addons in the program map.
But I found the simutrans map in "My Documents".

Next question.
The Load Scenario Dialouge, the delete buttons are invisible, but still taking up space. The file name buttons are indented the same size as the delete button.

What is the intention here;
1. Are we supposed to be able to delete scenario files and the delete buttons has dissapeard, Or...
2. We are not supposed to delete scenario files from here. The filename buttons should be moved to the left.

Dwachs

Quote from: Max-Max on July 02, 2013, 07:48:02 PM
1. Are we supposed to be able to delete scenario files and the delete buttons has dissapeard, Or...
2. We are not supposed to delete scenario files from here. The filename buttons should be moved to the left.

Deleting scenarios would mean deleting complete subdirectories. We are not building a file manager here :)
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Max-Max

Okay, (2) has been fixed...