News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

End of Choose Signal

Started by Col. Will, February 16, 2014, 11:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col. Will

Am playing a game using 112.3 ex 11.18 Britain pak 128 ex 0.9.1 year 1873

Am trying to place a End of choose signal above ground, I get a message saying it needs to be placed below ground. I was able to place them earlier in the game before, not sure if this is to do with the change from 0.9.0 ? Very annoying though as cannot build new stations with end signals.

Many thanks

jamespetts

Thank you very much for the report - I have now found and fixed the error. The fix should appear in the next version. Apologies for the difficulties.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Col. Will

Thank you I look forward to the next release.

Have also just noticed that at the same time period there is no end signal for the narrow gauge track but there is a choose signal.

Will

jamespetts

Thank you for pointing that out: I have added a narrow gauge end of choose sign (with the same graphics as the standard gauge type), and this will be included in the next release.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Brambo

Sorry for resurrecting this, but I have to let you know that this bug is the single largest annoyance I have in playing Simutrans. Would it be possible to get a new version soon? It's getting difficult for me to route my trains efficiently now! :-)

I understand you want to postpone a pakset update until a new simexp version is ready, but I'm kind of done waiting for this after one year :-) Or is there maybe a way how I can fix this myself - if there is.... well then I wish I'd asked earlier :P

jamespetts

Apologies for the delay - the current thinking is that a game that is not balanced is not much of a game at all, so I want to get all the features needed to balance Experimental properly ready before the next release, but there are a lot of those, so it will take some time. You can fix this yourself if you know how to compile a pakset using Makeobj (which comes with the Simutrans-Experimental downloaded package).

Spenk009

I have come across this too. Here is a signal.pak which goes into the \Pak128.Britain-Ex-0.9.1\ folder. This fixes the issue with my game.

laos

hello and sorry to join on the "resurrecting old threads" bandwagon, but I just tried to rebuild the pakset in order to get the end of choose signal fix, but I could only find the 0.9.2 makeobj, which is compatible with the latest 2014 release. All the other makeobjs I found are for the newer, more unstable and experimental nightlies. Is there a recommended makeobj to rebuild the end of choose signal fix with to keep compatibility with experimental 112.3?

sadly the above .pak link has 404ed

jamespetts

Hello and thank you for your interest in Simutrans-Experimental. The current state of affairs is that the nightly builds are probably more stable than the old releases from early 2014. I am in the (admittedly somewhat slow) process of switching to a nightly/early access development model, which is currently hindered by the fact that I have had difficulties in sorting out cross compiling from Linux to Windows on my server.

May I therefore suggest switching to the latest nightly builds?

laos

Quote from: jamespetts on December 26, 2016, 01:20:34 AM
Hello and thank you for your interest in Simutrans-Experimental. The current state of affairs is that the nightly builds are probably more stable than the old releases from early 2014. I am in the (admittedly somewhat slow) process of switching to a nightly/early access development model, which is currently hindered by the fact that I have had difficulties in sorting out cross compiling from Linux to Windows on my server.

May I therefore suggest switching to the latest nightly builds?

Thanks - first I only play experimental, so credit to you in the realism of its simulation vs.  simutrans classic

second,. Gladly, but just to clarify I was crashing regularly on the latest win build with a large Northeastern USA map (roughly 4000x3000) map. I believe this is probably because the precompiled build from 12/05 is only 32-bit, and I have much better performance on the 64-bit version.

I suppose the best option is to find a copy of visual studio and self-compile?

jamespetts

Are you on Linux or Windows? If you are on Linux, there are regularly compiled nightly builds. I am hoping to set this up for Windows, too, but have not worked out how to make cross-compiling from Linux work yet.

If you are on Windows, then it should not matter if you are using a 32-bit build on a 64-bit platform: that is what I use for my testing. If you are finding crashes in particular situations, then it would be very helpful if you could report them on the forum.

Until I manage to get cross-compiling working, you certainly can get the latest version by downloading and installing Visual Studio (assuming that you are on Windows). You will need Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition (the very expensive paid version will probably work, too, but I have not tested with that).

There are nightly pakset builds that you should be able to use with Windows.