News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Tube tunnels cannot be built in 1947

Started by Rollmaterial, December 14, 2016, 12:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

I get a tunnel ground tile without track graphics that cannot be extended.

jamespetts

I cannot reproduce this, I am afraid; in what month in 1947 are you having this problem?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Rollmaterial

I'm now in May 1948 and it still occurs.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this at all. Can you give precise steps to reproduce this problem reliably in a newly created game in 1948?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Quote from: Rollmaterial on December 17, 2016, 11:12:55 PM
Try using my own pak: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByLSSg3gXTz-ckM0d0RYVVZaOFU/view?usp=sharing

Can you reproduce the problem using the basic pakset? If not, this would suggest that the error lies in your custom pakset.

Rollmaterial

I can reproduce it with the nightly pakset from the Bridgewater-Brunel server. Should I send you my whole installation?

jamespetts

Can you first give precise steps to reproduce this problem reliably in a newly created game in 1948?

Rollmaterial

I just started a game in 1948, built a tube tunnel and got a blank tunnel without a track. It only affects the tube tunnel, the other ones work fine.

jamespetts

Quote from: Rollmaterial on December 18, 2016, 12:01:18 AM
I just started a game in 1948, built a tube tunnel and got a blank tunnel without a track. It only affects the tube tunnel, the other ones work fine.

And this is with the unmodified pakset? Do trains run on it (i.e., is it a graphical error or more substantive)?

Not being able to reproduce this, it is very hard to understand what is happening.

Rollmaterial

Here is my installation with both my custom pakset and the nightly: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByLSSg3gXTz-bVA4Vm1PbExacUU/view?usp=sharing
And here is a saved game where I have reproduced it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByLSSg3gXTz-RkNwSDh5LVp3M2c/view?usp=sharing

When I build a tube tunnel, I get a blank tunnel with no track on it that trains cannot use. I can extend the tunnel by first building a track into it. Clicking on a blank tunnel tile crashes the game.

Edit: When reloading the game, the tunnel has 70 lb/yard track and trains can use it.

Edit 2: Looks like I tested with a train that isn't supposed to be able to use the tunnel, but I just tested with a tube train and it still applies. Curiously, the railcar seems to be able to travel through the tunnel after reloading.

jamespetts

I have been able, by chance, to reproduce this whilst working on another tunnel related feature. I have now enabled tunnel internal graphics, and deprecated the old tunnel ways. This should mean that the images of the inside of the tunnel will remain constant when you upgrade the track, except that the image of the track itself will change.

This also appears to solve the problem that you reported. You will need to recompile makeobj, then recompile the pakset, then compile the new version of Simutrans-Experimental to test this.

I should be grateful if you could let me know whether this solves the problem for you. Thank you for your report.