News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Class 185's acceleration needs fixing

Started by fam621, February 19, 2017, 01:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

James, the class 185 acceleration rate is not very fast. Usually, they have really fast acceleration (for example: The same has a class 170/175). Can that be a possible fix for the next nightly pakset update please? :)

jamespetts

I have increased the tractive effort for this on the Github repository, although this may not be available immediately, as I am working on a different branch at present. I plan to merge the branches soon, however.

The problem ultimately stems from the fact that it is very hard to find data about the tractive effort of multiple units. The Wikipedia articles gives an acceleration figure, but, checking the original source, it transpires that this is a maximum acceleration figure, rather than an average acceleration figure, and it is not possible to calibrate using this figure without knowing to what speed that this rate of acceleration was measured (and from what speed if it was not from a standing start).

If you or anyone else can find accurate real life data about the tractive effort of multiple units, that would be extremely helpful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

jamespetts

It is the road-vehicle-rescaling branch, which has some re-scaled road vehicles. The plan is to merge the branch when re-scaling is more advanced so as not to have vehicles of inconsistent scale; but that has been revised so as to provide for the merger when the double decker buses have been completed.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

fam621

Also, when its in service now, its max speed is 153km/h when really, its 160km/h. Can that be an easy fix please? Could it also be an easy fix to make it have the same acceleration has the class 170 please? :)

jamespetts

Thank you for spotting that - after looking carefully at the Wikipedia article, the problem appears to have been that the power is actually 560kw per car, not for the whole unit. I have modified this on the road-vehicle-rescaling branch now, so this should be available when it is merged into the main branch.