News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Possible early boat statistics off

Started by A.Badger, March 02, 2017, 06:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.Badger

Prebuilt pak128.britain nightly downloaded on 20170228.
Used with simutrans-extended nightly also downloaded on 20170228

Still in the early years and noticed some odd statistics on a few sailing boats.  I don't know if they're intentional but thought I'd mention them:

• The unpowered tug barge/unpowered river barge set (carrying 75t of their respective cargos apiece) all have a weight of 5t except for the unpowered river barge (bulk goods) which has a weight of 30t.  I suspect 30t may be the correct number for all of them as tub boats and box boats are 1t, flyboats and unpowered narrowboats are 10t, and the intro barges are 15t.  It makes sense that with increased carrying capacity, the tug barge weighs more.
  • The Blackwell Frigate is able to use the ship canal/medium river, however, it seems like the Blackwell Frigate is a replacement for the East Indiaman which can only use large rivers.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. Checking the file versions history, this appears to date back to when these boats were first added to the pakset many years ago: the 30t weight seems to have been copied from the Thames Sailing Barge, which has the same 75t capacity. I have set the weight of all of the tug barges to 27.5t on account of them needing less weight than a sailing vessel. If you know the weight more accurately from an historical source, please let me know, and I will correct it.

As to the Blackwall Frigate, I think that that may have been deliberate owing to its particular characteristics, but I am afraid that I cannot now recall the details.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

I should note that I have made the changes on the road-vehicle-rescaling branch, so these changes will not appear in the pre-compiled version immediately; however, I am quite close to merging that branch in with the main branch in any event.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

A.Badger

Confirmed fixed in the latest nightly downloads.

jamespetts