News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Help with Prices Window

Started by zook2, December 16, 2017, 12:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

When I open the Change Prices window for a clipper with low/med/high passenger holds and a mail hold, I see four price categories. The one at the bottom says "normal", the others are blank. Only when I click Reset Prices I see values in all fields. Do they correspond to the pass.classes to the left, plus mail?

Why does "Income per km  (when full)" and "Base profit per km (when full)" in the Prices window for a hold differ from "Base profit per km (when full)" in the details window?

There is no help text yet.

Ves

Yes, the comboboxes resembles the accommodations they are next to. May I ask, do you see these blank boxes also on normal games, or only on server games? I have noted that on the server the comboboxes do not populate and becomes blank. It has something to do in which order the stuff is calculated in the window and I will have to look into that. The same goes for the line-equevelant.

Well, the second issue is actually from the window is not 100% finish. I had to continue doing other stuff since I for some reason could not continue with that entry. I will return on it shortly to make it consistent. Also the comfort entry needs the "max comfortable jurney time" -entry, and there might be some other small tweaks left to do.

And the help texts, I have not come around to write just yet.....

Thank you for spotting those, however, and if you find more issues or suggestions, please write them to! :)

zook2

Quote from: Ves on December 16, 2017, 08:05:50 PM
Yes, the comboboxes resembles the accommodations they are next to. May I ask, do you see these blank boxes also on normal games, or only on server games?

On normal games (I haven't played on the server yet). And I only asked because the Mail line in the window is below the mail price input. Also, capacity per class is given twice, once as accommodation and once as Capacity. Perhaps the text next to the inputs should read "Medium (28 passengers), Price:" to make it clearer?

Ves

So the window in first post is from offline game?
Hmm crap... :p
Has the window always been like that to you? Does it reset when you close and open the window again?

Now I also see the displacement of the mail input. Has that also always been like that?

Are you running a big game which has a high load on the computer?

Yes, the capacity is listed twice, once as accommodations, and then one with the actual classes of the convoy. If you reassign the classes, the numbers will change in the lower section.
The reason I made the design like that was that I thought one would like to see the total number of passengers of a given class.