News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

[Pak128 Scenario] NE USA: New York, Boston and Niagara Falls

Started by Carl, August 10, 2012, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

Here's v1.0 of a scenario (2000x800) featuring the North East United States from Boston to Niagara Falls, based on the heightmaps I shared a few months ago.

https://github.com/downloads/jha4ceb/pak64.experimental/NYNIAG.sve

If you've ever thought you could do a better job than Amtrak or Greyhound, this is the map for you! Those of you who played Railroad Tycoon 3 will recognise this as roughly the same area featured in the 'Go West!' map.

The eastern half of the map

Map features:
-- 353 correctly-located cities
-- A rudimentary road network (all but some very small cities are connected)
-- 1930 start
-- Scale roughly 400 metres per tile

At the moment this map is only suitable for building a passenger network, since there is no industry yet. I'm interested to hear how people think industry should be added to this map in a future version. What industries should be added, and on which areas of the map should they be centred?

Please do report any bugs or mistakes you find.

greenling

Carlbaker
What for a Pak128 must i Use to Play your Gamesave?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

rainer

Any chance to host it elsewhere? I do sincerely refuse to sign up to download that game.

Carl

Apologies, I had no idea that you had to signup to download from that site. Here's a new link:

https://github.com/downloads/jha4ceb/pak64.experimental/NYNIAG.sve

I've updated the first post with this link too.

rainer

Dwachs

Impressive!!

Who build that curved tunnel south-east of State College?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Fifty

Beautiful! Nice to see a map from my side of the World with many towns I've visited!

I'd love to see more developed rivers now that the public service can modify them.

Here's what I can tell you about industries, from what I know: you'll want to change the production levels from default pak 128 (usually consumers consume more than is realistic and producers produce less than is realistic). Corning NY is a glass town, Bethlehem and Altoona are/were steel towns. Ore/coal/oil is/was in western PA, though most oil is imported. Refineries are mostly in New Jersey. Timber is mostly to the north and in the hills. Quarries are often in southern PA near rivers. Rochester NY had many grain milling operations, While Buffalo was a mixed industrial city.

Again, Great work!
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

Carl

Fifty -- that's really useful, thanks! I'll try to implement those when I get around to updating this.

ny911

very nice map. thanks.

here is my sve (year 1963)
http://www.((Site not allowed - serves viruses))/download-6983557/NYNIAG_v5.sve.html

Quote from: Carl on August 10, 2012, 01:15:58 PM
At the moment this map is only suitable for building a passenger network, since there is no industry yet. I'm interested to hear how people think industry should be added to this map in a future version. What industries should be added, and on which areas of the map should they be centred?

Well, near to the cities all over the map, but don't take to high capacities. The pax traffic will increase too.