News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Small GUI-adjustments

Started by Ves, November 25, 2017, 10:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

Yes, "nothing transported" might indeed be a better term! Changed!

Ok, my trains on my testmap have had quite a hard time during my tests, so that might have screwed things up!  :o
My issue against the counter is that it is difficult to compare a counter to another one, especially if you are have to hunt around the screen for different counters and vehicles and buttons, so you quickly loose track of the counters. The current counters in game I think are fine as they are, it is only when I am trying to compare two counters, say two trains with different schedules, and there is only a very small time difference. Then it can be very tricky indeed to spot which one is in front of the other and by how much. But indeed, if you use the clock, it would feel quite arbitrary if the time would be way out in the future..
One of the intentions I had with this clock in the convoy window was to show some timing information which doesnt change constantly, so the player can have something to compare with. When the train is waiting for schedule, it would be useless to show a counter, since the counter is already displayed above in the "action state", so therefore a clock would fit perfect there I think.

To display the next month a "+" -sign would be put in front. Many transport agencies I have seen does that for when they mean that its the next day. For really long jurney times multiple ++'ses could be used, but I am not convinced that it would be necessary, and instead one could perhaps simplify the clock and write how many months away the time is instead.

jamespetts

That is an interesting suggestion about the + sign, especially if it is well-recognised. Does anyone else have any views on this?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

I have uploaded the current version to my github in this branch: https://github.com/VictorErik/Simutrans-Experimental-Ves/tree/arrival-departure-times-in-convoy-window
It is not working perfect yet, I get some crashes which I need to investigate.
Features:

* The ETA will turn orange if your vehicle is more than 5 minutes delayed
* If the convoy arrives next month, a + sign will appear. This is not currently on ETD, since that uses another format
* If the convoy arrives after two months, the entire clock is replaced with a text "ETA: 2,3 months"
* When convoy is waiting at a station, the clock will take the remaining loadingtime, but still displayed as a clock.
* The clock will disappear in certain situations, like when wait for full load, is stuck, wait for time 2 months and similar.

prissi

By the way, Simutrans windows (als least in Standard) have a standard size, so tehy are tileable. It probably make sense to increase that tileable size, if you play with dialoge content.

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you for this, and thank you, Prissi, for the useful information about tiled windows.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ves

Thanks Prissi for pointing that out. I had not thought about increasing the default size in that way, but I will look and see wether it's needed!

Ves

I repaired the displayment of max convoy good in the convoy assembler window, which should be available here: https://github.com/VictorErik/Simutrans-Experimental-Ves/tree/small-gui-fixes

jamespetts