Author Topic: [0.5] Bugs  (Read 584 times)

Offline Emil Sawicki

• Helpful: 1
  • pak128 player
  • Languages: CZ, EN, NO, PL
[0.5] Bugs
« on: December 24, 2017, 09:18:50 PM »
There are some bugs:
-no road bridges;
-only one road tunnel;
-no Schwebebahn depot, signals and stations;
-graphic artifacts in buildings:
--ind_cl5_E3_04_07;
--ind_cl5_E3_05_07.
Simutrans 120.2.2, Windows 10
facebook.com/SimutransPL
My screenshots

Offline Flemmbrav

Re: [0.5] Bugs
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 10:05:56 PM »
thanks a lot, didn't check everything. The first two "bugs" are just me failing go compile the pakset.
Also one depot for ships is bugged

I'll take a look at these 3 tonight

EDIT: i ninjafixed that. I don't see the downloads beeing high enuogh to make that a new V already. So if you have problems with network games, download a fresh pakset ;)

Offline Emil Sawicki

• pak128 player
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 06:49:19 AM »
There are still missing objects (eg. narrowgauge Bahnsteige). I found another bug: when using 0.5 it's unable to load game saved under 0.4.2.hH. Even after copying missing objects game is corrupted.
facebook.com/SimutransPL
My screenshots

Offline Flemmbrav

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 10:30:32 AM »
Both features not bugs.
The stations ain't there anymore since they can't really compete. You can't load 0.4.2.hH saves for a really nice feature I forgot to put in the annouciation post. my bad haha.

Offline Emil Sawicki

• pak128 player
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 10:53:33 AM »
The 20 ton bulk waggons are invisible when going south-west. They've also empty images when are loaded with coal (going south).
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 11:14:01 AM by Emil Sawicki »
facebook.com/SimutransPL
My screenshots

Offline Leartin

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 12:25:08 PM »
Thank you for the information, there were some troubles in the dat files in some coal wagons. For a quick fix, I linked the new wagons, which show graphics in all 8 directions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wwyrajrr2oqzo6/coalwagons.rar?dl=0

Offline Citarofahrer

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 01:08:02 AM »
Hi there

thanks for the awesome update!

BUT
if you load the large theme in pak192 style, you can't read the text ond buttons.

Cheers CF

Offline Leartin

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 01:16:22 PM »
Oops, upload of the "large" theme was not intended, it's still the old theme file, but now with the new graphics used in the small theme.

At this time, I don't want to offer a dedicated "large" theme, as I feel like it would only make sense if
A) There was a way to have larger text, so it would actually help with giant monitors - or
B) There was an actual, community-endorsed mobile version of the game, which requires touchable buttons.

I don't have high hopes actually, since I don't think it has priority for any dev except perhaps An_dz, who was not here in a while.

Offline Citarofahrer

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 11:40:41 AM »
Hi Leartin

thats my problem. i'm running Simutrans on 3(!) 4K Screens, so the Buttons are way to small xD

Offline Leartin

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 12:08:44 PM »
My rule of thumb for a non-touch-monitor: If you can read it, you can click it. If you can't read it, there is no need to click it.

Anyway, attached is a large theme that is identical to the other theme, but with larger buttons and icons.

Offline Violski

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 10:52:35 PM »
Hi,
thanks for the update! I am having some issues and I suppose some of them may relate to the new pakset because I did not experience them with the earlier version:

1. Bus stations near the town hall get a strange name, for example: "Starnberg tow_3_modern H"

2. Graphics seem to be confused - I see parks where there should be buildings, see the attached screenshot of a city with "buildings" that have 4 or 5 passengers. When I click on the buildings, it tells me it's a house but what I see is a labyrinth...

3. not sure whether this is related to the pakset, but I did not experience this with an earlier version: Passenger traffic in cities somehow stops at some point. I may have a functioning network between cities, but sometimes when I add additional lines that connect houses within a city to the town hall, all of a sudden passengers stop boarding busses or trams. They still wait in the bus stops, but the busses stay empty. I have tried a few things to find out what the problem might be but I couldn't figure it out. Anyone has had this problem? I couldn't find anything on this in the forum.

Offline Leartin

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 07:00:46 AM »
Thank you for the feedback.

1. Bus stations near the town hall get a strange name, for example: "Starnberg tow_3_modern H"

2. Graphics seem to be confused - I see parks where there should be buildings, see the attached screenshot of a city with "buildings" that have 4 or 5 passengers. When I click on the buildings, it tells me it's a house but what I see is a labyrinth...

Those are both due to lacking translation files. Stations take on the names of some buildings, like townhalls, factories and curiosities. "tow_3_modern" is the object name of the townhall, which did not get a translation.
Similarly, the game knows of industrial, commercial and residential buildings. Those have a general fallback-translation. The labyrinth park appears to have no translation of it's own, so it falls back to being a residential building instead.
Both issues are easy to fix, but it's not just those two objects, it's approximately a few hundred by now.

3. not sure whether this is related to the pakset, but I did not experience this with an earlier version: Passenger traffic in cities somehow stops at some point. I may have a functioning network between cities, but sometimes when I add additional lines that connect houses within a city to the town hall, all of a sudden passengers stop boarding busses or trams. They still wait in the bus stops, but the busses stay empty. I have tried a few things to find out what the problem might be but I couldn't figure it out. Anyone has had this problem? I couldn't find anything on this in the forum.
I'd suggest writing a more detailed report, perhaps with screenshots of the stops and vehicles - or even a savegame - in the Help Center. It's either a game bug or an unfortunate interaction of game settings and your playstyle, but probably not a pakset issue per se.