News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

bridgewater-brunel.me.uk - Simutrans-Experimental - Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.9.0

Started by jamespetts, November 20, 2012, 02:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

The server should be back online now - apologies for the delay. May I ask that people avoid creating any lines/schedules consisting of only waypoints until I fix the bug? Thank you!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ӔO

cheers james.

could I get a piece of road removed north of caringford?

also, can you enable player access rights?
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

I have removed the road in question to enable the completion of the great Caringford Ship Canal, but the player access rights thing seems to be a bug. I will look into fixing that for the next version.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

ӔO

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

A wondrous feat of engineering - the great Caringford Ship Canal has been completed!

Junna

jamespetts

As noted above, this is a bug that I am looking into fixing for the next release.

asaphxiix

james, there seems to be much more generation of mail than pax, while the revenue per unit is pretty similar. But this can't be the only reason why mail cars are doing so well. Well, maybe it is, Idon't know.

Also it's me with connection problems, unfortunately my modem broke, and I'm trying through 3g network - doesn't work so well.

Also, a choose sign for road is very much needed. Can I make it and send it you?

jamespetts

Thank you for your thoughts. Are you sure that there is more mail being generated than passengers? The game is designed to do the converse. Can you give an example to illustrate this so that I can look into the issue?

As to choose signs for road, there is one for the later eras, but the graphic does not look right for the 18th century. The idea was to restrict modern traffic management techniques to the modern era, but do you think that it's realistic to have a road choose sign in the 18th century? I'd be interested in people's thoughts on that. If it makes sense to have one this early, an earlier style graphic that fits with the general style of Pak128.Britain would be helpful (for both the Experimental and Standard versions).

asaphxiix

Guess I was wrong about the mail, it just seemed that way to me. So no, it's not the generation, but rather the revenue that's double with mail for some reason, this is strange, if you compare northern lights lines Ayl-Dun Mail and Aylstone-Dunding, you'll see the stats are pretty similar, while revenues are double for mail.

I think choose signs are especially required in the pre-rail era, since you have to rely so much on slow road traffic, even with no spacing, just the short loading time in the station can be a major bottleneck in long lines with many convoys, although this may be because I still havn't figured out exactly how to space them out properly with the large lines.

You can see refunds on some of my lines now (hunderds of dollars), but they are far less substantial than in 0.8.3, where a large network could lose huge amounts within a month.

ӔO

AP, could you please be more considerate in road usage at Daringfield?
You have created a traffic jam there.

please check road ownership with shift+O

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

Hmm - in that case, if you can produce an 18th century road choose sign graphic, then I'd happily put it in the next release of the pakset. You might want to make it known to the Standard developers that you are doing this, too.

AP

asaphxiix

I imagine how such a sign would look like, wooden, staked on the ground and carved :)

AP

Quote from: asaphxiix on November 24, 2012, 05:02:34 PM
I imagine how such a sign would look like, wooden, staked on the ground and carved :)

It's the hills where you need it, so there can be multiple parallel crawler lanes!

asaphxiix

that would definitely work for me, I actually just started making one too :)

greenling

Excuse me.
But a end of chose Sign for road are missing in pak128.britain std and pak128.britain exp.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

ӔO

Colour safe chart:

asaphxiix

something like this :)

I think I'll use windley's graphics still. Is it your name on it windley?

jamespetts

Thank you for that - that is most helpful. WLindley - do yo have a .dat file to go with that? That does look good...

As to Greenling's point - what do people think of having an end of choose road sign? Are they actually useful for road transport, or only for rail?

wlindley

This should work for roadsign-old.dat ... 500 is the price from the modern choose sign, you might want to change that.

# Choose sign
obj=roadsign
name=ChooseSign
copyright=WLindley
intro_year=1750
intro_month=1
cost=500
waytype=road
min_speed=0
single_way=0
free_route=1
image[0]=roadsign-old.3.0
Image[1]=roadsign-old.3.1
Image[2]=roadsign-old.3.2
Image[3]=roadsign-old.3.3
Icon=> roadsign-old.3.5
Cursor=roadsign-old.3.4

greenling

All
A end of chose it for Rail and road it very useful.
I Build often by pax and mail a centralstation with increasing levels of Platform.
But i have a moment no photo to hand.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

ӔO

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

I have added W. Lindley's choose sign to the Github repository for Pak128.Britain-Ex, and it should be included in the next version. Thank you for that!

AP

jamespetts

Yes, it crashed the client, too. Back up now, though. Did anyone create a line with only waypoints...?

ӔO

I used transfer waypoint/station, maybe that did it?

actually, the exact point it crashed was when I deleted a house.

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

Hmm, odd. Do you remember which house that it was? Or have you deleted it again without a crash?

ӔO

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

AP

Quote from: jamespetts on November 25, 2012, 12:08:20 AM
Yes, it crashed the client, too. Back up now, though. Did anyone create a line with only waypoints...?
Yes. But it had no vehicles on it. I deleted the vehicles, then the stops (to save on maintenance) but kept the line, so I'd know where to put the stops back later. It will have had one stop at each end but that's all. But this morning the stops were all back, so I assume the server reloaded a save from partway through my process.

This morning it keeps kicking me out every time I try to add a (forgotten) Mirror Schedule order to the existing line M2 Hardford-Forton. Gives me fatal errors... am about to clone the old line (in case you need it) and just add all the stops backwards manually!.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report of the mirror schedule issue; I am having difficulty reproducing it, though, I am afraid. Have you changed your schedule since you tried to do that?

AP

Quote from: jamespetts on November 25, 2012, 11:28:38 AMHave you changed your schedule since you tried to do that?
Alas so; I had vehicles already on it and didn't want them looping back without any stops on the return leg.