News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Will new industries open by themselves

Started by 12padams, October 27, 2011, 02:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

12padams

For example in pak 128 there are no industries before 1900. Lets say I start a game in 1899 and wait 10 years. Will industries start opening up over time?

Also will the industries become more modern. For example will industries made available after the game start date be added once they are available?

Severous

Hi 12padams.

I think they can start up, provided the map has the right sort of terrain for them.  Ive seen them pop up in pak64 prior to 1900. I had a new industry chain pop up within 18months of starting a pakBritian 1900 game.

Not sure about the other question about modernisation. My guess is that existing industry can produce more modern goods. ie a Printers might do books in 1900 but 40 years later might also do Magazines.
Regards
Sev.

Václav

12padams,
new industries will appear in right age when population on map will grow of number you set in the beginning of the game (by default it is 5000). So, build passengers and post transportation webs - to support growing of cities.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

12padams

prissi

In the old pak128 intro dates for factories were missing. Thus the factories had a default intro data of 1900. No factories were created before this date. But the new pak128 has intro dates.

12padams

Quote from: prissi on October 27, 2011, 07:38:58 AM
In the old pak128 intro dates for factories were missing. Thus the factories had a default intro data of 1900. No factories were created before this date. But the new pak128 has intro dates.

I have just tried the latest nightly build of both simutrans and pak 128 and in 1880 there are no industries

Václav

Try to visit French board and download their industries. If I am not wrong, there is at least one industry that is available from age about year 1880 or so.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

prissi

There are no consumers; thus no chains will be built before 1900, even though some factories (like meat packer) are available earlier.

Maybe the market place by MHz can be elevated from attraction to "medivial supermarket" and sell flower (from an old mill), fish, meat from 1400 on. Maybe even planks. THat way there can be industry before 1900.

However, lots of stuff is missing for before 1900; pak128 is not really useful before that, other important stuff may missing too.

12padams

So has will/has pak128 have more or less content overall than pak64.

I also want to confirm pak 128 is not just a better looking (higher resolution) however behind in features copy of pak64. If so I would prefer to play pak64 but I have heard that pak128 now gets more attention and has more content due to higher popularity... I am so confused...

Anyone here able to explain the above. (I know I am now off topic and will refrain from posting more questions here)

Thanks in advance

VS

The simple math of 128 > 64 means just that the graphics are bigger. If you want to base your decision on playing in 19th century, then 128 is certainly behind, a lot. It... might be more popular, but that isn't everything, really :) This certainly touches the original topic of industries; there are some locomotives and railcars, but most industries fit only late 20th century, at least by looks.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!