News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Is it possible to recover a savegame from a previous install?

Started by ramiroflores, Yesterday at 04:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramiroflores

Hello.

I was encountering problems with CTD, so i reinstalled the game(SS 6.4 1.27 bugfix) with disabling the UAC and running as an administrator on windows 10.

Since i did this i can start new games and load new files, but the game will not load my old files. I attached them. Maybe someone can tell me if they are corrupted and if there is a way to recover them.

Regards and thanks a lot!

prissi

Attaching large files is not working but usually old games should be loadable. Depends on the version and the pak, but if the files are not older than 16 years, it should work.

danivenk

As prissi has mentioned it really depends on the version of the pakset, assuming you have put the old savegames in the correct place. Mind you sometimes saves are really sensitive to what version of a pakset you are using because it is dependent on specific (and versions of) pakfiles that are present in the pakset. This also is the case with any addons you might have added, if they are used in the save, they are expected in the pakset when you are trying to open it.

It could also be game version related tho, but usually that isn't an issue.

Andarix

Quote from: ramiroflores on Yesterday at 04:42:23 AM..., so i reinstalled the game(SS 6.4 1.27 bugfix) ...

SS 6.4 1.27 bugfix = Stainless Steel 6.4 with Bugfix compilation 1.27 Crash ?

I'm not sure if you're in the right forum. This is Simutrans and not Stainless Steel.