News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Weird choose signal behavior

Started by Vladki, July 06, 2016, 08:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Again on the network game - watch the second train enter trnava station, with reservations displayed. It will reserve two tracks, blocking the first train. The extra track is freed when the train stops and starts reversing.
I admit this layout is quite unusual for a simutrans game, and could be fixed by some end-of-choose signs and choose signals closer to the platforms.

jamespetts

I am having some trouble reproducing this on the server, I am afraid: the first train goes into the platform nearest the town, and the second, in order to avoid conflicting with both it and the train that goes up and down the straight line, goes into the far platform, switching over at the points near the cargo station, junction and bridge.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

Send the train from the double line to depot, so that it does not interfere. Then watch the reservations

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you for that. I think that I have now fixed this; do you care to re-test?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

Almost fixed. Reservations work as expected, the firs train  can depart, while the second is arriving. But the signal on the track closest to city (in the middle of station), turns to caution, when the second train makes reservation of the other track. Play the game locally co that you can rotate the map and see the aspect.

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed this; do you care to re-test?

Vladki

Now it behaves correctly

edit: new issue appeared - with all 3 trains running, when the first train is on the platform closest to city, the train from the double line is heading to the second platform, and the third train approaches the station - distant signal turns green, but the entry (choose signal) stays at danger, but the third train passes through, and stops "under the bridge", because the track ahead is already occupied by the first train leaving the station - leading to deadlock.

I'm leaving the network game deadlocked - the trains overlap, so it seems that there is only one train under the bridge. You can unlock the game by sending the third train to nemcanka.

jamespetts

I am having trouble reproducing this: it is deadlocked when I load it, but there seems to be a tile reserved that ought not to be. When I clear that manually, I cannot find any further choose signal related deadlocks (there seemed to be a head-on collision at one point, but this does not seem to be the thing that you were reporting. Can you give some more detailed steps to reproduce?

jamespetts

I should note that the head on collision was caused by a problem with the one train staff, which I think that I fixed a few days ago.

Vladki

There was one another deadlock, definitely not related to one-train staff I'll try to repeat it on the server game.

Edit: Managed the deadlock - see the bridge at north head of Trnava station, there is a head-on collision of trains.

May be related with another choose signal issue - if the 3-state choose signal cannot reserve beyond the next signal (no stop, and end-of choose is even  further away, it should just display caution. But it displays clear with alternate route. Can be seen sometimes in Nemcanka station, if you let the first pax train wait longer in trnava predmestie. (You have to unlock the current deadlock first :)

Vladki

I'm not sure which signal said this but I got this when running with debug on the server:

ERROR: rail_vehicle_t::activate_choose_signal():        could not reserved route after find_route!

jamespetts

I am currently reviewing old bug reports and I notice that this one appears to have no reported resolution. May I ask whether this can still be reproduced?

Vladki

I could not reproduce this deadlock again