News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Crash on rotate

Started by Vladki, January 10, 2017, 12:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

I get crashes after rotating a map. Not immediately, but within maybe 10 seconds. It does not crash always - I got one rotation without crash, but many with. Tried with several savegames and paksests (british/swedish), all crash. Debug output:

Warning: convoi_t::go_alte_richtung():  convoy with wrong vehicle directions (id 33) found => fixing!
Warning: convoi_t::go_alte_richtung():  convoy with wrong vehicle directions (id 52) found => fixing!
Warning: convoi_t::go_alte_richtung():  convoy with wrong vehicle directions (id 29) found => fixing!
Warning: convoi_t::go_alte_richtung():  convoy with wrong vehicle directions (id 34) found => fixing!
Warning: convoi_t::go_alte_richtung():  convoy with wrong vehicle directions (id 41) found => fixing!
Warning: haltestelle_t::liefere_an():   6 Passengers delivered to Trnava Hospodárska street were intended for a factory that has been deleted.
Warning: haltestelle_t::liefere_an():   1 Passengers delivered to Trnava Hospodárska street were intended for a factory that has been deleted.
Warning: convoi_t::go_alte_richtung():  convoy with wrong vehicle directions (id 8) found => fixing!
Warning: convoi_t::go_alte_richtung():  convoy with wrong vehicle directions (id 10) found => fixing!
Warning: convoi_t::go_alte_richtung():  convoy with wrong vehicle directions (id 49) found => fixing!
set_zoom_factor() : set 5 (5/8)
set_zoom_factor() : set 4 (3/4)
Warning: haltestelle_t::liefere_an():   16 meat delivered to Trnava Supermarket "Zdroj" were intended for a factory that has been deleted.
Warning: haltestelle_t::liefere_an():   2 grain delivered to Trnava Grain Mill were intended for a factory that has been deleted.
Warning: haltestelle_t::liefere_an():   10 grain delivered to Trnava Grain Mill were intended for a factory that has been deleted.
Warning: haltestelle_t::liefere_an():   10 grain delivered to Trnava Grain Mill were intended for a factory that has been deleted.
Warning: haltestelle_t::liefere_an():   4 Passengers delivered to Modranka were intended for a factory that has been deleted.
Warning: haltestelle_t::liefere_an():   5 Passengers delivered to Modranka were intended for a factory that has been deleted.
Warning: convoi_t::go_alte_richtung():  convoy with wrong vehicle directions (id 45) found => fixing!
Neoprávněný přístup do paměti (SIGSEGV)

jamespetts

I am having some trouble reproducing this, I am afraid: I am testing with Fam621's UK 2 map. Can you let me know which specific saved games are ones in which this can reliably be reproduced and the maximum length of time that it is necessary to wait after a single rotation for this to occur?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

All three server games: bridgewater and server.exp... british as well as swedish. It crashed in less than 15 secs after rotation

Leartin

Isn't map rotation on server games disabled, due to the problem that the actual map rotates, rather than the view of the map? Would explain why everything goes in wrong directions or is deleted on the old locations, since it moved...

Vladki

Of course rotation online is disabled. I tried rotating after being disconnected (desynced), or loaded a save of the network game locally

jamespetts

Thank you for that. I think that I have now fixed this. Could you re-test? I should be most grateful.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

jamespetts

Vladki

Unfortunately this bug is back...
You can test with http://server.exp.simutrans.com/debug-saves/t-signal-deadlock.sve
Unfortunately it does not crash on every rotate, you have to move there and back, and try again...
No debug output, just SIGSEGV

jamespetts

I think that I have found and fixed this; would you be able to re-test?

Incidentally, the cause of this bug might also be the cause of other bugs associated specifically with station signals: what happened was that the stored location of the station signals was not rotated when the map was rotated, with the result that a station signal might not be registered as being where it ought to be. Unless the map is in the same rotation as when the station signal was placed, or was rotated only after this fix was applied, it will not work.

I should be grateful if you could re-test any station signal specific bugs reported so far to see whether they can be reproduced in conditions in which the map has not been rotated except in the fixed version since they were placed?

Thank you very much for your report.

Vladki

So if I understand correctly, the best way to test is to remove  and rebuild all station signals in latest version?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

jamespetts

Yes, that would be sure of solving legacy problems.

Vladki

It seems that rotation is OK, but the blockages with T-signals are still there.

jamespetts

Thank you for checking: I will have to look into this presently.