News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Game crashes when stressed

Started by Ves, February 23, 2017, 10:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

I am playing with a quite big map currently, and it tend to crash occasionally. I think it has something to do with signaling, as it sometimes crashes when I place some signal or sign. If I leave the game just running, it will also crash, however that can take quite a long time.
Fast forwarding the game is almost certainly generating a crash after a short while.
It occurs however not only on the big map, also smaller maps makes the game crash.

I am not home now, do you want my savegame?

I am btw using self compiled builds, have not yet tried with a downloaded build.

Junna

How "big" is such a map? Not experienced it for a while on my large map (around 30 million passengers yearly, 2,500 vehicles).

Ves

My map is meassuring 3200x3200 tiles and have a total population of 1.637.184 people. It is in its very early stages, so there are only few vehicles and such.
But, I also have an example of a smaller map that will crash.
But funny enough, Rollmaterials game from server, and also Fam's quite big map, have yet to provoke a crash, even when running in fast forward.

Savegame to the big map:
http://server.exp.simutrans.com/savegames/My_fair_Lady_2.sve

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed this, which related to pedestrians being generated near the edge of the world. Would you be able to re-test? I should be grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves