News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

SMSC February 2013 Edition: Great Harbors

Started by An_dz, February 13, 2013, 03:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

Simutrans Monthly Screenshot Contest is back after the end of the world. :D It's a late contest and time will be short, so prepare. The topic for the first contest of this year will be Great Harbors. Show us the amazing harbors you can do on Simutrans, it can be on lakes, rivers, sea or whenever you want.

Rules
  • Only one picture per user
  • Picture max size: 800x600 px
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic: Great Harbors
  • You may use any pakset you want, but only one
  • Zoom is allowed
  • Please indicate if it's from a real game or not
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used
  • You can upload the picture to an image hosting service like imgur, imageshack.us or photobucket and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at 21st February. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)
Prizes:
Ready? Set. GO!

ny911

pakset : pak128 r1142
South Central Harbor from the New York City scenario; all kind of goods have a different loading place;

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

rainer

Screenshot from the New York Scenario with pak128. The main harbour of New York in the Gowanus Bay between Red Hook and Sunset Park. Some 50 lines are delivering and loading some 100.000 tons/month.
420 convois a month, almost all are ships.

In the right top the docks for steel and boxed goods, in the middle bulked goods (incl. grain) is handled, on their left fish and meat, bottom left the oil docks. Freight trains are serving the harbour via three sets of tracks and stations.

Hope you like it. The entire savegame has 3.165 convois, some 3.000 ships and only few trains and trucks.

BTW: Praises to the 128 developers for their brilliant work!

Fabio

Sarlock

Wow, those are both very nice!  I don't have the time available to put together a harbour for this entry, but hopefully next month I'll be able to put something together.

I always love seeing what people can make possible with the tiles available.  Impressive work!
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

ny911

Rainer: That's a real Great Harbor

QuoteThe entire savegame has 3.165 convois, some 3.000 ships and only few trains and trucks.
Wow, only with goods? 3.000 ships, that will need a some CPU power.

jap train fan

pak 128 britan 1947 after the war busy harbour to nowhere (as you probably guessed made for contest special)

ps. if image doesn't work the link is below
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicholasnothing/8484531441/

Mod note: Link image fixed. Please read my post below.
~IgorEliezer

Enkort

The Port of Yokohama is located on the northwestern edge of Tokyo Bay. It is a naturally blessed port with a spacious water area on the eastern side and undulated hills on the northern, western and southern sides. In addition to its natural assets, the port has been equipped with various facilities, such as inner and outer breakwaters, that protects the port from the effects of winds and tides. It also has an ample water depth.

The Port of Yokohama has a long-standing history of more than 151 years as a leading international trade port in Japan.

real game, pak128.japan

Isaac_Clarke

These screenshots are all good looking. The choice will be difficult!

rainer, more than 3k convoys! :o Doesn't it make your savegame going very slow?

Milko

Hello

I am surprised, I did not think it was possible to create infrastructure so beautiful!

Giuseppe

IgorEliezer

@ Everyone: Great submissions!

Quote from: jap train fan on February 18, 2013, 11:29:24 AM
ps. if image doesn't work the link is below
That's because flickr.com doesn't provide straightway the direct link (and the link you posted is the page link, not the image link). The images are copyrighted © and protected by default and, if a someone wants to use them, you need to be requested to give a "license" (please: http://www.flickr.com/help/general/#147). But, once you have posted the image here, it can be considered as an informal license.

jap train fan

Quote from: IgorEliezer on February 20, 2013, 01:05:13 AM
@ Everyone: Great submissions!
That's because flickr.com doesn't provide straightway the direct link (and the link you posted is the page link, not the image link). The images are copyrighted © and protected by default and, if a someone wants to use them, you need to be requested to give a "license" (please: http://www.flickr.com/help/general/#147). But, once you have posted the image here, it can be considered as an informal license.

thanks for the help