News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

More city buildings

Started by Archon, February 13, 2010, 10:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdog

i was! at heathrow, catched the last flight there from Munich on that day. Incomming flights to Heathrow were canceled for the invisible snow chaos. (it was most likely insufficient deicing capacity, i bet). :-)

jamespetts

Quote from: Archon on June 26, 2010, 10:51:19 AM
bump

Some progress on old project.

Has there been any progress on sidewalk snow graphics?

Did you ever develop a .dat file for this?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

greenling

The pictures they here be show from new pakfiles,be looking good out!
But i have a question on Archon.
One the backside from the School it that a loadingbay how be can be unload a truck?
Beside the loadingbay it that´s a parking space ?

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

This is just an attraction, so it won't have a working loading bay.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Excellent! May you be bored more often in future!

greenling

(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

The Hood

I always look forward to when you make something new.  Just one thing though - the image in the library zip is the screenshot not the source image - could you please upload the source image so I can include into the pak?

Archon

The Hood

Archon

works for me.

btw. I forgot special colors + my new computer wont like shades (yet?).

The Hood

OK think it just took a while to update the link here.  I'll deal with the special colours.

sdog

perhaps you could add a little more noise to the facade, to me it looks a bit too clean. Perhaps it's just a very strong childhood conditioning, but it very much remided me of lego. Another nitpick is the repeating pattern on the roof.

Besides those two really tiny issues, the building looks excellent! With it's different shape and colour it will help to break up large similar looking blocks in cities very well, making them more distinguishable.

ps.: now that it's in the pak and i can see it in situ, the school is my favourite pak britain building.

Archon

Updated graphics for library:

jamespetts

Here is a cut version of the stone church ready for use:

Archon

My next project:

Another inn...

The Hood

With so many pubs and inns in pak128.Britain anyone might think we were a nation of alcoholics...

Archon

well. Luckily I am not british. :)

btw did you see upgraded library graphic on last page?

jamespetts

Archon,

looking good! Do you think that you could make that into a "coaching inn" terminal type stop, rather than a city building? Such a thing would be very useful for passenger transport in the pre-railway era.

Edit: Or alternatively, make two versions: a city building and a coaching inn stop, differentiated, perhaps, by colour?

sdog

QuoteWith so many pubs and inns in pak128.Britain anyone might think we were a nation of alcoholics...
No, i don't think so, we just think you're a nation with no living rooms :-P

We think you are a nation of alcoholics for certain other reasons. (a hint, i'm from munich region)

@james
that's quite a good idea, always wondered why one of the pubs is called coaching in.

Dwachs

Quote from: The Hood on March 01, 2011, 10:10:02 PM
With so many pubs and inns in pak128.Britain anyone might think we were a nation of alcoholics...
pak britain needs some more fog !!!111
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

The Hood

@James - is there a dat for the stone church?

@Dwachs - that would save on graphics work.  I'll just define a ground_obj for fog, completely grey, and make it so common you can never see anything else!

jamespetts

I think that I may have made one myself - attached.

wlindley

Not sure if I ever posted my latest work on the little park?  In pre-telephone and post-1930 red-box versions:

little-park.dat and playable pak

James -- there is a spurious leading '/' on the 'images/cur/stonechurch' in your stonechurch.dat

p.s., is it just me or do the latest nightlies not load attractions properly?

The Hood

Excellent.  Could you do a snow image?

Dwachs

Quote from: wlindley on March 04, 2011, 12:46:26 PM
p.s., is it just me or do the latest nightlies not load attractions properly?
.. in what sense?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

The Hood

Park and church added to SVN without snow images for now.  I've changed the parks to curiosities rather than monuments so they get built in more than one town, and I've also changed the dims to 1,1,4 and created 2 parks for each era with the graphics.

wlindley

One nitpick, attractions/old_school.dat has backslashes instead of forward-slashes -- as, images\cur\old_school.0.0 -- which break on anything but a Windows system.

greenling

The park looks good out!
and the another pictuers too!
i get happy!

greenling

Archon

Latest inn starting to look good.

Still need to add fine detail.

sdog

that render could be cool for the new simutrans page TheUniqueTigre is building: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=6897.0

Archon

Latest project finished(at least I hope so :) ).

http://www.saunalahti.fi/jusskiiv/pak/Swan_Inn.zip

If anyone needs different size render ask.

jamespetts

This looks good; but is there a reason why this has a "RES" name yet type=com?

Archon

yay

Reason is that I didn't think too much.

Fixed now.