News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Version 0.10.0 of PAK128.german

Started by michelstadt, April 29, 2017, 01:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michelstadt

Version 0.10.0 has been released. It comes with a broad set of trams since 1884, several coaches, six new locomotives, 22 new factories to make timeline more realistic and some improvements and bugfixes.

Outdated factories have moved to an addon folder. Please read the readme file to learn how to handle it.

1950 at central Germany

Trams

ampersand

Just had a time to preview it. Could you list all changes? I have just noticed at first glance:

• previous factories received additional boost from mail transport
  • geese instead of zeppelins to shoot down  :thumbsup:
  • I like the white bar on stop chart for passangers, but black bar for mail is invisible (see below, how it chose to be placed just over a tree)

Still to correct:

• unit names translations (see km and км in Russian example below) in English they finally work correctly!
  • html files in README folder - a simplest factory list would be very helpful

Thank you all the creators!

pumuckl999

Geese are older, if I remember right, they comes with version0.7.
NNW has added mail- and passenger boost to some factories. Longer time ago... could be about 20factories?

Changes are stored in \\PAK128.german\README\inc\changelog.html and changelog_en.html. But we list there only the main changes.
I think, it´s not possible with our little team to write a list with all changes.... or you have to wait longer for a new version of the pakset ;).

I´m not sure, if exist a logfile in the SVN-directory - maybe that could be a way to show all changes in a text-file.
But Version 0.9 was revision 1966 of our pakset, version 0.10 is revision 2034. Every revision normally contains different changes. So you have many hundred changes in a new version.

ampersand

The changelog is detailed enough for my level of curiosity.
The new Rathaus_Wieslet_01_CITY appears in large cities also. I have no idea if this is possible to configure: so as it doesn't appear in towns over some number of population. Current effect:

It's the one next to the magnifying glass.
I have never noticed townhalls expand with city growth, as in pak64.german, will such a small be changed for larger one in later game years?

Example of new boost levels of factories:
v.0.9  Sugar factory - Max boost: Electricity 100%
v.0.10 Sugar factory - Max boost: Electricity 100%, Passengers 25%, Mail 5%
Closer to reality imo.

pumuckl999

Urgs, I can proof that, at the moment I have no idea, why this happen. Before a few weeks I have changed the dat file of the town hall, because it sometimes replaced greater town halls and so the city population shrinks. Maybe buildtime=0 doesn´t mean, that the town hall will appears in little cities with more than zero population, could mean that the town hall appears in cities of all sizes. But it works how I wish: It could not replaced from a smaller town hall :D.

Yes, the town halls expand with city growth, but the bigger town halls have more as one graphics. So the town hall can be the same but the version for a bigger city is higher or has some trees, more details.
Maybe, if you start often with bigger cities you got no changes. "Rathaus Hennigsdorf" for example has for the greatest level a buildtime of 26000.

Frank

Quote from: pumuckl999 on April 30, 2017, 05:16:59 PM
.... Maybe buildtime=0 doesn´t mean, that the town hall will appears in little cities with more than zero population, could mean that the town hall appears in cities of all sizes. ....

better is value 1

pumuckl999

I found an other bug: Elevated roads are invisible on slopes. Works as I create the roads, but maybe in the SVN was a copy of the wrong dat file.

Here is the fix: http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/fix_elevated_roads.zip

pumuckl999

" a simplest factory list would be very helpful"

The text files de.tab and en2.tab in \\PAK128.german\text\ are listings of all pakset objects (only names, no parameters). Search for the section "factories".

Frank

Quote from: pumuckl999 on May 01, 2017, 02:41:10 PM
" a simplest factory list would be very helpful"

in german see wiki pak128.german factory list

or SimuTranslator
select
set : pak128.german
objects : factory

click List Objects

or

select
set : pak128.german
objects : factory
language : your language

and click Search

NNW

I should rework the fablist in the wiki, the next weeks, because we have massive changes of it between the last Versions

ampersand

Quote from: pumuckl999 on April 30, 2017, 06:27:32 PM
Changed, but not tested:
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/building.Rathaus_Wieslet_01_CITY.zip
Looks like wrong direction - the new .pak makes it appear in every town, no matter its size. Often even without houses around. So citizens are homeless. Any transport there would be dangerous.

pumuckl999

Thank you, I could set the parameter to 50.
But I hope, before I do this a programmer says, what the lower parameters 0 and 1 means. Maybe exist more defined values, that not so works as I imagine.

ampersand

PS. Other townhalls also sometimes create ghost towns without buildings at start. So imo it's not because of the townhall pak.

Frank

Cities without buildings are often associated with the climate zones. No buildings defined at the time in the zone.

An_dz

Can't be, this happens on pak96.comic and simply forcing the city to get more citizens automatically create a huge city.

ampersand

Quote from: Frank on May 01, 2017, 05:35:33 PM
in german see wiki pak128.german factory list
I started a wiki page http://www.simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/en_pak128german_Industry_chains with chains I tested, probably will expand it soon with building and car industry factories. I have never played long enough to see other chains to complete. So please correct, modify and expand the above page, especially with food industry. Thanks.