News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Crash when clicking the change price button on self-compiled pakset

Started by Junna, December 05, 2017, 07:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

After I compiled rail pax vehicles with the new stuff, it crashes when I click change prices, but does not when I do with the already compiled uploaded pak. Nothing was changed apart from running cost stuff. Loading up the game and clicking the LNER EMU and clicking change prices there should crash it. It does not to this with un-new compiled vehicles. Not sure what I did wrong?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ecd2xv44qxlw710/pak128.Britain-Ex.0.9.3J.zip?dl=0

Ves

This might be an obvious question, but did you also use the newest makeobj?

edit:
Loking into it, I dont know, but maybe some integers that are too small? The fare wants to pass 81000 through a sint64, but that might still be within limits?

Junna

Well, I got the one that was uploaded to the nightly brunel page on 11/30, which I presume would be the newest.

jamespetts

Looking into this briefly, this seems to be caused by an object of the class gui_container_t not being initialised when  vehicle_class_manager_t::draw() is called. I am afraid that I do not understand enough about the code here, as I did not write it, to understand why this is occurring.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

jamespetts

Quote from: Junna on December 06, 2017, 02:21:21 PM
Updating the goods definition paks sorted the crash out.

Thank you for confirming. May I ask what changes that you made to the goods definitions?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on December 06, 2017, 02:26:39 PM
Thank you for confirming. May I ask what changes that you made to the goods definitions?

None. I had simply not compiled new (since the classes update) of the definition paks.

zook2

I just downloaded this afternoon's complete package and it locked up (0% CPU) when I clicked on Change Prices.

jamespetts

Quote from: zook2 on December 07, 2017, 07:21:32 PM
I just downloaded this afternoon's complete package and it locked up (0% CPU) when I clicked on Change Prices.

This appears to be a thread deadlock. Is this behaviour consistent, or does it occur only occasionally?

zook2

I've tried twice more - two deadlocks. My system is a Win10 64-bit laptop with 2 CPUs.

jamespetts

Quote from: zook2 on December 07, 2017, 11:14:56 PM
I've tried twice more - two deadlocks. My system is a Win10 64-bit laptop with 2 CPUs.

Thank you for that. I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this - thread deadlocks are inherently non-determinate, so it is very difficult to track then down when they occur. Can I confirm that you were clicking this button in the convoy details window?

zook2

More testing: it works fine with coaches and trains. It also works with the line price manager button, for all vehicle types. But clicking the buttons in the details window for a single ship causes a deadlock every time.

jamespetts

Thank you - that is helpful. I have been able to reproduce this now, and it is not a thread deadlock. I think that I have fixed this now - I should be grateful if you could test with to-morrow's nightly version.