News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

cars.xls

Started by asaphxiix, December 19, 2012, 06:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asaphxiix

Hello Prissi,

I would like to update this table for pak64.classic experimental - could you elaborate a little on the columns there and the methods to calculate them (or direct me to a source of information)? I could not find much information online, and I'm curious to know how to calculate intro and retirement velocities, and others as well. Thanks a lot!

Ters

As far as I can see, it's the speed bonus speeds at the time the vehicle is introduced and retired, calculated by interpolating the values from speedbonus.tab. For pak's without a speedbonus.tab, this calculation becomes more complex. It should be possible to get these values from the goods list in the game, or doing the math by hand. If speed bonus works differently in experimental, all this might be irrelevant or in need of adjustment.

prissi

I look mostly at few number for balancing: Is the income for tile higher than twice the maximum yield per tile. This number should be still positive for most goods at the retire date. Second thing is the income per good unit. This should be the same for most cars, or could be even become slightly less for larger cars.

The second page calculates how much passenger car (for most engines at lest) can be moved at max speed. Then 10% of this income is used for the running cost of the engine. Some very powerful but slow engines (where their income would be too low due the impact of speed bonus) are balanced by coal.

asaphxiix

I'm sorry, still not clear...

how do I calculate income per tile, yield per tile? They are not in the table.

Why would income per good unit be the same for cars of different speeds and sizes?

from the table:
how do i calculate v_intro, v_retire and length for cars?
Lok weight, Zuglänge, column M, vm_intro for engines?

Is there some documentation?

Thanks!

Ters

For v_intro and v_retire, open speedbonus.tab and do a linear interpolation of the speed between the two nearest years to the vehicles introduction date and retirement date respectively.

asaphxiix

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by linear interpolation... but v_intro and v_retire seem to be simply the base speed bonus values of the closest years...

Ters

If the speed bonus speed is 100 in 1900 and 200 in 2000, then a vehicle introduced in 1950 will have a v_intro of 150, while a vehicle introduced in 1975 will have a v_intro of 175. That's at least how it looked to me.

asaphxiix

yes indeed!

In the meantime I've neglected trying to use this excel, as I think it is less relevant for experimental. I am trying to figure out pak128.uk's balancing sheet instead, see how that goes :)