News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

SMSC June 2013 Edition: The Tourist Trap

Started by An_dz, June 18, 2013, 04:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

I'm sorry for creating a SMSC so late, but we still have time. I know that those that like participating will have their time for this SMSC. This month our contest topic is The Tourist Trap, make your best for getting votes and receive our compliments.

Rules
  • Only one picture per user
  • Picture max size: 800x600 px
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic: The Tourist Trap
  • You may use any pakset you want, but only one
  • Zoom is allowed
  • Please indicate if it's from a real game or not
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used
  • Please include a name for your image
  • You can upload the picture to an image hosting service like imgur, imageshack.us or photobucket and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at July 4th. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)
Prizes:
  • Compliments by the community
  • Become the cover picture of our Facebook page
  • Become the Simutrans homepage image

Combuijs

Appropriate subject, but time is short indeed. Maybe extend it?
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

An_dz

July 4th? Then a poll to July 7th and a new contest in the next day.

SilverHorse

Only for your feet.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is an old city with a castle on a hill. The castle has been protecting the city during centuries, but some years ago, it became a museum. A local bussinessman build a hotel opposite the castle; the hotel was too high and citizens didn't like it. So no road was made to the hotel; guests have to go there on foot from the bus stop. But that's not a problem: a lot of tourists enjoy a hotel far of loudness, traffic and pollution.

This screenshot is a created scenario with pak 128 and these Spanish Addons:

- CGA Type A Trolleybus, Pegaso Z 403 (intercity coach), Pegaso Chausson (green urban bus),
- Trucks for goods: Leyland Super Hippo (red and blue) and Pegaso Z-202 (green, blue and brown).
- Mail truck: Pegaso Z-601 Electric Truck (grey).

Isaac_Clarke

Discord at the airport

We're in July and the terminal 2 of the airport of paris is crowded by tourists who want to go on holidays. Taxiways are saturated with airplanes full of tourists.
Airplanes to Amsterdam, Munich, Turin and cities along the beach have to wait until the tower control breakthrough on.
The only solution is to take his sickness patiently! By the way we advice you to take the train or the road to go on holidays rather than airplanes!

Real map (with a real problem of airplanes stucked before runway without any reasons!)
Pak128 + addons

vorlon

Hello dear Simutrans community!
I hope it's not too bad-mannered to participate to the SMSC with my first post... :) I've played simutrans more or less actively since v. 88.10.5 and read the forum for years but I haven't quite achieved to join the discussion until now. The subject of this month's contest was a good chance to use some of my minor drawing-attepts in practise and I'm quite pleased with the result. Hope you like the picture, its called Threatened idyll.

This small, idyllic mountain village is a popular place to spend a holiday. The daily train is always full of tourists who whish to ski in the local ski resort or view the snowy landskape from the tall observation tower nearby, and many choose to enjoy the beautiful nature by hiking or camping in the forests. However, the idyll is threatened by the constantly growing lumber industry, which has increased clearcutting in the area. The local people fear that unless something is done to preserve the forests, the tourists will go away and destroy the villagers' greatest source of income.

Real game, pak128 + addons