News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Makeobj won't pack certain files

Started by passengerpigeon, August 17, 2017, 02:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passengerpigeon

Dear community,
Today, with the first version of my new addon pack finally ready for release, I ran it through Makeobj, which unfortunately failed to pack one file properly and stopped when it reached another. The first problem was a file called thirdrail.dat, where makeobj ignored all of the image entries (telling me to "check spelling") and the second problem was the vehicle obergadenwagen.dat, which caused Makeobj to halt the process, with the text "FATAL ERROR: Write pak - Cannot create destination file ./". I have attached the two problematic data files and their corresponding images in case anybody knows what I did wrong. If you would like, I can upload the source for the whole addon pack.

Leartin

For ways and wayobj, don't use "backimage" but simply "image". - EDIT: appearently, my memory did not serve me well, as this is not correct.
The second file probably suffers from the quotation marks in the name. I don't know what you can or can't use, but as a rule of thumb, I use small letters, no spaces, no special characters. Even if something works, it might not always work - I had issues with "ß" before, which paked in isolation, but did not work well with other tools.

Frank

thirdrail.dat

They define the summer graphics but no winter graphics. Remove [ 0] from the graphics parameters.

example

BackImage[-][0]=thirdrail.0.2 -> BackImage[-]=thirdrail.0.2

obergadenwagen.dat

There are the quotes in the name. The name we used for the filename. And there are no quotes allowed.

Either change the name or give your own filename.

makeobj PAK <pak file> <dat file(s)>

for more see wiki

Leartin

Quote from: Frank on August 18, 2017, 05:01:49 AM
They define the summer graphics but no winter graphics.

To clarify: Way-obj CANT define 'summer' or 'winter' graphics, so you could not fix this by adding winter graphics, you have to ommit "[0 ]"

passengerpigeon