News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

up, up and away!

Started by Roads, August 07, 2012, 03:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roads

I'm trying to remember how long I've been seriously playing this game but no doubt I'm still considered a newbie by most of the players here.  That's alright, in fact it makes me feel better about posting this.  I had never built an airport until today.

I looked for a thread or tut on how to do it, didn't find one immediately, so thought I would just play around with it a bit.  Incredibly, it was working in 5 to 10 mins.  IMHO, that is intuitive programming.

When my first plane taxied down the runway and took off I was amazed.  It was absolutely beautiful!

Many thanks to all who have worked on this and may you be first in flight at whatever task you set your hand to next. :)

Isaac_Clarke

Airplanes are good but easily deficit. And hope you won't get this problem with airports ->

Good game  ;D

Roads

Isaac, that is impressive to say the least!  ...especially for someone like me who has the capability for three planes at each airport. :(

Actually I may have to restart my game yet again or load from a very early save.  I made the mistake of beginning with too few cities and of course early on in the game it looked like I was rolling in money.

isidoro

@Isaac: I like the screenshot...  It's really beautiful.  Seeing it one wonders if the planes have crashed, if they are like ants, even if they are mating...  It's static but dynamic at the same time...

DirrrtyDirk

Oh, nice to see that someone is actually using some of the extended runway lights and markings (although not quite correctly, im afraid: it's supposed to be one tile shorter than the runway, on both ends, just as the cursor shows) - and builds somewhat realistic looking airports.  :)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Isaac_Clarke

Quote from: Roads on August 23, 2012, 11:05:19 AM
Isaac, that is impressive to say the least!  ...especially for someone like me who has the capability for three planes at each airport. :(

Actually I may have to restart my game yet again or load from a very early save.  I made the mistake of beginning with too few cities and of course early on in the game it looked like I was rolling in money.

Thanks  :)   I advice you to not allow your airplanes to take off until they are full of passengers so it's more profitable.

Quote from: isidoro on August 23, 2012, 10:10:01 PM

@Isaac: I like the screenshot...  It's really beautiful.  Seeing it one wonders if the planes have crashed, if they are like ants, even if they are mating...  It's static but dynamic at the same time...

Yes, sometimes I stare at the airport at peak, it's a anthill, I like to watch the comings and goings of the airplanes in simutrans  8)

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on August 24, 2012, 12:31:13 PM
Oh, nice to see that someone is actually using some of the extended runway lights and markings (although not quite correctly, im afraid: it's supposed to be one tile shorter than the runway, on both ends, just as the cursor shows) - and builds somewhat realistic looking airports.  :)

Indeed, even if these options are useless I used to embellish tracks takeoffs. Also your comment has been taken into account, thank you!

And here is a more recent picture of the same airport, hope you enjoy it :)