News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Taking ownership of public ways

Started by Vladki, October 14, 2017, 04:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

In simutrans standard (at least I think so) a player can upgrade intercity (public player) road and thus take ownership of it.
In simutrans extended one can upgrade only a city owned (unowned) road, while the ownership remains to the city.

I think it would be good to allow players to upgrade intercity roads (or even other public ways).
There is a question of ownership - either keep it for the public player, or change ownership but with "public right of way"?

jamespetts

Actually, this is a very good idea, and very easy to achieve: I have just committed a change to this effect.

I think that the idea of having the starting ways owned by the public player may have predated the introduction of public rights of way (and possibly also have preadated changes to the way wear system and renewals allowing unowned public rights of way to be renewed with the latest intercity road type rather than degraded).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

If I understand it right, you just made it so that the intercity roads generated on new map are unowned just as the roads in the city?

jamespetts

Yes, indeed, but public rights of way. They also will be maintained: they will not degrade when they wear out, but will instead be replaced by whatever the current "intercity_road" type is (or just the same type if the timeline is disabled).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.