The International Simutrans Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Denied Requests & Patches / Re: reservation of longblocksignal
« Last post by prissi on Today at 12:08:27 PM »
The thing with long block signals is, that they will reserve until the end of line or the next signal. Those may serve the situation you have mentioned, but will require no signal on the main line for many tiles. Also it will only work, if the two trains are directly behind each other.

But waiting for the express is useless. Passengers in standard Dimutrans will never change to the express train (unless we have also unloading all stops to force manual unloading. And even then many will still borad the local again ... ) So in standard letting a faster train pass may have a merit in the simulation, but waiting for a stop of the express train has none.
Bug Reports / Re: [120.4] Can not start with addons
« Last post by prissi on Today at 12:03:52 PM »
Tzping space or whatever will continue loading the game. Indeed, overlaying pak objects with addons is perfectly fine if intended. Thus there is only a warning, you can normally load the game. If it crashes after that warning, then there is another error.
[FR]Fran├žais (French) / Re: Makeobj, c'est cool mais c'est chiant
« Last post by Lieven on Today at 11:18:54 AM »
Ca ne me donne rien...
Pak128 Add-ons and Graphics / electric pole with lights
« Last post by sheldon_cooper on Today at 03:24:39 AM »
Hello!! Through a project of Raiser and Fablo, I am reissuing this project, improving with energy poles.
 :warning:The project is in 80%, unfortunately, the 3 intersection with defects, (besides some bugs) but I will make the files available anyway, but I'll leave the DAT and PNG here for some help or idea.
So far, I will not continue with the project, because of lack of time, and of solutions, who can help me. To continue with this idea, I will be very grateful. :)

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vf4r8956ehtq6ix/VO_EDEP.rar?dl=0

Recalling that the original and authored version of Raiser and Fablo.

it's night!!

Very good!! I love European trailers, these are great, thank you!
Scripting Scenarios and AI / Re: Function to Mark the ground
« Last post by Yona-TYT on Today at 02:19:25 AM »
I refer to the box that marks the water when a ship / ship is routed ... look at this code block
{
gr-> set_flag (  grund_t :: dirty  );
//    here on water
if (  gr-> is_water ( )     ||    gr-> ist_natur ( )   ) {
         if(     marking    )   {
                    gr-> set_flag (  grund_t :: marked  );
         }
        else  {
                  gr-> clear_flag (    grund_t :: marked  );
         } 
}
« Last post by Ters on Yesterday at 08:20:25 PM »
I think having objects with the same name in the pak set directory and the add-on directory is a perfectly reasonable thing to have. (Not so much when it actually the same object, but that is not what the game worries about.) The loading order is strictly defined: add-on replaces base pak. Perhaps the add-on provides (subjectively) better graphics for a base object, or whatever. It is having objects with the same name in either the pak set directory or the add-on directory that is problematic.

Of course, if you've overridden some base object with an add-on, you can't join a game with other players that haven't. However, this is exactly the same problem as joining a game with different base pak set and/or add-ons, and should be handled together with that.
« Last post by HyperSim on Yesterday at 04:48:52 PM »
I updated 120.4.1 but failed to start the game.
However, I managed to solve the problem.
I put the same .pak file in both pak128 folder (simutrans/pak128) and addon folder (addons/pak128).
I deleted one of them, then I could start the game.
Thank you very much - that is most helpful. Now committed with some minor amendments.
Denied Requests & Patches / Re: reservation of longblocksignal
« Last post by THLeaderH on Yesterday at 03:50:03 PM »
Greedy block signals are not suited for this situation. My aim is to make a local train wait for the DEPARTURE of an express train, not the PASSAGE. For waiting a passage of a train, greedy block signals are well suited. To wait for the departure, the express train has to reserve the tile where the main track and the sub track merge. So the express train has to reserve beyond the end of its route when it stops at the station. This cannot be accomplished with any conventional signals, including greedy block signals.

Reserving tiles beyond the end of the route should be done with long block signals, not with greedy block signals, as Leartin stated before.
But okay, consider someone actually wants to build this constellation, I'd still look at the long-block-signal. I don't know why the long-block-signal does not reserve as much as it checked, since you would never want another train to enter that area after the check - else, why check at all? I'd assume it has something to do with performance, but since you would create a signal that would reserve anyway, I can't think of a situation where that would break an existing long-block-signal in use.
That being established, you could place such a reserving long-block-signal in front of the switch, no other signal on the "fast lane", a normal signal at the end of the "slow lane" and any number of gauthiers recursive signals before the long-block-signal. Gauthiers signal, according to the description, "Immediately tries to reserve next signal whatever its type", hence if there was a long-block-signal after a recursive signal, the recursive signal should already reserve the long block even beyond the station, so any "fast" train would reserve up to the switch where both lanes merge again as soon as the first recursive signal is hit, forbidding a train in the "slow" station to exit, while still allowing it to move up to the signal before the switch.
I still fail to see WHY anyone would want to do it, but you could do it without adding functionality to a signal that does not need it.

Performance issue you put is critical and I'm thinking about it. How about using a vector only when the reservation is done by a long block signal?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10