The International Simutrans Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Tools / Re: Shades version 6.1
« Last post by VS on Today at 04:24:59 PM »
Since I last worked on Shades, the following things stopped working:
  • Delphi 7 was not really supported even back then. And it's been some 10 more years or so? I think there wasn't too much functionality depending on "calling the mothership", but still I would have to make it think it's registered, somehow. It also runs reliably only on Windows XP.
  • Delphi >7 is not free of charge.
  • The library for graphics is no longer developed and likely not compatible with Lazarus.
  • The library I used for loading PNGs was abandoned even back then.
To summarize, the world has moved on and I can not easily resurrect the sources, even if I had the space to do so.

EDIT: Ha, curious - graphics32 is on github and has a helper lib for png, plus Lazarus support. Tempting :) Also, now that I have more Linux machines than Windows, I could look into making it work elsewhere...

EDIT2: Haha, Delphi now costs almost 2 thousand €. I should have started saving when I was out of school :D Good luck milking that cow!
Community Discussion / Re: Linux rpm Packages/Repository
« Last post by VS on Today at 04:03:09 PM »
It does not work on Fedora 26, either.
Simutrans Gaming Discussion / Re: More Industries
« Last post by Frank on Today at 03:37:06 PM »
list factorys pak64 ( sorry german, not yet translated into English )
food addon pak64

list factorys pak64.german ( sorry german )

The pak64.german factory addon should also work with the pak64.
The vehicles are not adapted to the balance of the pak64 then.

list factorys pak128 ( sorry german )

All lists are unfortunately already a bit older. But they should still vote for pak64 and pak64.german. I do not know about the pak128.
Simutrans Gaming Discussion / Re: More Industries
« Last post by Vladki on Today at 03:19:35 PM »
Looks like factories from pak128. Some of them may be available only later in the game (like electronics or ethanol factory).

If you play pak64, then look for food addon which offers many of those on the screenshot.
Simutrans Gaming Discussion / More Industries
« Last post by Jon120 on Today at 03:07:26 PM »
Hello

I play the game with the standard pakset. But I was floating around wikipedia and found this image, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simutrans#/media/File:Simutrans_101_map.png.

I was just wondering are all those industries in another pak set, or are they in the standard one, and I just need to add them some how? I was just getting a little tired of the same old goods going to the same old industries and was wondering about more.

Regards
Is there a reason why you couldn't use canals?
Pak128.German / Shipyard and Floating Dock in different water areas
« Last post by imsei on Today at 01:12:13 PM »
Playing with Pak128.German v0.10.4, I found that there is no way to complete the industry chain when shipyard and floating dock are (accidentally?) generated in different water areas.
What's worse is that the industry chain topped by Floating Dock is huge so that you will have a map full of halted factories.
It's sad. )-;
Simutrans Help Center / Re: Pak64 food chain not working
« Last post by passengerpigeon on Today at 11:49:49 AM »
Show up how? Where? The food add-on doesn't have many vehicles in the first place, as it can reuse many of the core pak64 vehicles. And industries might not spawn for a multitude of reasons. (I played several games before the first waste industry chain appeared.) Have you checked the goods list or the industry construction tool and seen if there is any food stuff there?
Oops, yes, I checked again and the industries are all there. However, I don't see any cooled goods wagons or trucks. Are these implemented by default?
James, thank you for making a change to enable the feature of showing Ribi-Arrow.

As Ranran says, I think ribi-arrow should be only showed for street. I made a pull request.
https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-extended/pull/90

As Phystam put it, ribi-arrow might be useful for checking the direction of railroad oneway sign. Ribi-Arrow should be configured separately for each waytypes, but assigning keys for all waytypes is not appropriate. Also, creating GUI selection window is not a good solution. I don't know what is a suitable interface for this...
Simutrans Help Center / Re: Pak64 food chain not working
« Last post by Ters on Today at 09:09:30 AM »
Show up how? Where? The food add-on doesn't have many vehicles in the first place, as it can reuse many of the core pak64 vehicles. And industries might not spawn for a multitude of reasons. (I played several games before the first waste industry chain appeared.) Have you checked the goods list or the industry construction tool and seen if there is any food stuff there?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10